HELP, trying to make my PS1 work on an LCD TV???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
I wasn't sure where to post this so if it's in the wrong please can a mod kindly move it for me.:happy:

Anyway i'm really annoyed because i can't make my playstation work on my Hitachi 26LD6600. My Xbox 360 works fine using component cables and my Virgin Media box uses the scart plug. The only port which my PS1 fits into is the TV tuner port. I did this and tried channels 0-10 but no luck i can't see it.

PS1 is turned on and works fine on other TVs. On my other tv i had to press some weird button on my controller for it to work, but i'm not sure what to press to make this thing appear....:(

If anyone has any ideas please help, i've unplugged the Virgin media and Xbox so there's no competition for channels.. but i can't see it.

Also on PS1's there's a switch which is either I or G, never really knew what it was, mines on I always has been i think.

WAHH i wanna play FF7!!!:(:(

Did you make sure your TV is set to "TV" and not "CATV"? On my plasma there are the two. The TV tuner port only works with old boxes, like the PS1 and N64, when it's set to "TV" and not cable TV.

The I and G settings are colour frequency and doesn't really have anything to do with the picture not showing up. If it was only showing in black and white then it would have something to do with it.

ok another problem now, i ended up buying a scart cable for it which is working fine.

The problem now is with the widescreen TV. Obviously FF7 wasn't made for widescreen and so the image is being stretched and blurred. I can't seem to find a way to make the Tv go to 4:3... any ideas how this could be done, i don't see a resolution option in the menu...

ugh i founf 4:3 but it seems just as blurry, i dont get it, it wasnt as blurry on the downstairs tv..

It wasn't as blurry before becuase it wasn't as stretched. When I used to play Gamecube on my 19" the games looked amazing but now on my 42" I realize how bad the graphics really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom