Help with playing PS2 back ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalissimo

Beta member
Hey guys,

Here's the thing. I'm interested in making back ups of my games. I have young kids at home and they have a habit of touching my games and ruining them. I've lost 2 this year. I want to know how to play back up games without modding my PS2. I don't mind paying for the software and I do have a DVD burner.

Also,

If thats not possible, does anyone know a place in the NYC area where I can take my PS2 to be modded? Would appreciate any help, thanks.

I wouldn't use alcohol 120%. I would use blindwrite by VSO. Blindwrite is amazing and if you use it to burn the DVDs (since the games are in DVD format) you won't have to buy a mod chip to use them. They will work rite away. The program itself is like $40 but there is a 15 day trial on the website. But when the trial is up you can just uinstall it and then delete the registry edits and then install it again.

As I do believe that You cannot play a backup PS2 game without a chip or by utilizing a swap method. Even the dvd backups, this is due to a special process that is utilized during the making of the PS2 origional. I have yet to find a burning program that can duplicate this, as the information is pressed onto the Discs.
There are plug n Play devices and ways to do this with a HD though.

If you are interested in a mod chip with a guarantee, please call
Etown Electronics 502-234-9113 this is an electronics shop and will do the mods (all consoles) by mail, or if you live in the area by drop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom