HDD advantages

Core Hardware Quiz #21: Laser Classes

• Fire Hazard and a great danger to skin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Severe eye hazard when viewed by the naked eye

• Possibility of chronically induced eye damage

• No emission of harmful radiation. No control measures.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth

Baseband Member
So what all does this thing do? I know it adds memory to your PS2 but does that enable you to save songs to it and listen to them while you play games? What else can this memory be used for? And finaly it's suppost to speed up loading times. Can someone tell me how it is able to speed up loading times? Does it include more RAM or something? Or does a HDD with just memory do more than I thought?

Also I've included a pole to see how many of you are interested in the new HDD. Not sure on whether they sold it with the network adapter. It does work without the network adapter right? Just for memory and loading times.

Hello,
Iwas reading up on the playstation 2 forum about the hard drive. I saw some of the people that chat there saying its a waste of money and time. None of the downloads were for the game. I bought the game and hard drive but havent time to install it yet

I know it adds memory to your PS2 but does that enable you to save songs to it and listen to them while you play games? What else can this memory be used for? And finaly it's suppost to speed up loading times. Can someone tell me how it is able to speed up loading times? Does it include more RAM or something? Or does a HDD with just memory do more than I thought?

As for saving songs to your hard drive and listening to them while playing games. That would be entirely up to the creator of the game, and they would probabaly have to allow you to download all the songs from their own servers. So I doub that will ever happen.

It will not add physical memory to the PS2, but the PS2 could use the HD as a source of Page File or Swap space. That means that the HD acts like ram. It will store files on the HD for access while the game is running. This may decrease load times because the PS2 will not have to access the CD to get files while it loads.

Thanks I was wandering about that. So is that what just like what a HD does for a computer. As you can see I'm a computer newb.

DAVID_15 said:
do they sell the harddrive with out the game?or do have to buy the game aswell?
From what I was told you have to buy the game with the hard drive

If the game comes with the HD is it ultra expensive of is it the usual cost of a new PS2 game??

I wouldnt mind getting the HD if it can allow you to do some of the things i have heard rumoured!

I have the game and the hard drive, the instructions arent that understandable. All it tells you in one book install the hard drive then the other book it saids insert the disk. I havent install anything im gonna call sony before the weekend is up and let them help me install the hard drive

Sephiroth said:
Thanks I was wandering about that. So is that what just like what a HD does for a computer. As you can see I'm a computer newb.

Exact same thing. :) If you have XP, and you press ctrl+atl+delete under the performaces tab. There is PF Usage thats basically what it may do to speed up the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom