Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanster

Baseband Member
hi

was wondering if it is possible to store (backup) my ps2 games on a hard drive which would be then plugged into the ps2 to load games from. Is this possible

Carl

Since you can get mod chips and larger harddrives for your PS2, you should be able to get another harddrive to store your games. I don't know how you would do the "plug-in", but I'm sure there's a way.

There will be someone along to figure that out!

Dave :D

was wondering if it is possible to store (backup) my ps2 games on a hard drive which would be then plugged into the ps2 to load games from. Is this possible

Yes, this is possible. All you need is a modchip and an HDD.

check out something called the X-Port. It plugs into a USB port on one end and the other plugs into a usb port on your pc... and lets you transfer files back and forth and store them on your hdd.

I dont think you need a mod chip inorder 2 run HDD loader? please correct me it im wrong

You don't need a mod chip to run HD loader. You only need a mod chip to run a burned copy of HD loader. But if you have the original disc then you'll be ok.

you don't need a mod chip if you get a retail version of HDAdvance or HDLoader. I have a 160 GB Maxtor HDD in my PS2. Load times are decreased when playing from the HDD. And you can install an FTP program and transfer emulators and roms to your PS2.

can you tell me how you did this,? thats exactley what I wanted to do.

Many thanks Carl

You will need a Network Adapter to connect the HDD (the IDE and Power adapter is on the Network Adapter). You can find HDAdvance (what I bought) at ConsoleSource.com for around 30 dollars. Once you have that you can install a HDD (Maxtors work perfectly) any size you want. HDAdvance will say only compatible with up to 120 GB HDD (we'll take care of that later) but you can get as big as you can afford. Once you get HDA and a HDD, download ExecFTPs (google it) and HDL_Dumb (google it too). Find the IP to your PS2 by booting up a game and connecting to the Internet and checking the router log (or asign it an IP with your router <-- what I did). Configure the CONFIG.DAT file in ExecFTPs with your IP (see ExecFTPs's readme). Use CDgenPs2 (google it) to create a BIN file of the ExecFTPs's files. Use CDMage (google it) to fix the BIN file. And then convert the BIN to an ISO. Hook the PS2 HDD to your CPU and use HDL_Dumb to install ExecFTPs on your PS2 HDD. Put the PS2 HDD back into the PS2 and run ExecFTPs and use a FTP program to connect to the PS2 IP. You can now transfer files to the Memory Card, including the Independence Memory Card Exploit that allows you to boot programs from your MC.

That is a shortened version of how to do it. If you want the full tutorial PM me and I'll give you a link. This is the only way to install the exploit which you can then install PS2os and be able to EMUs and ROMS on an unmodded PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom