Folding@Home Recognized By Guinness World Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Folding@Home Recognized By Guinness World Records

A press release just hit my desk that says Folding@Home has been recognized by Guinness World Records as the most powerful distributed computing network. Oddly enough, the press release comes from Sony, who is giving credit to the PS3 for the milestone achievement. I have a feeling the teams that have been at this for years might take issue with this press release.

The record is a testament to the widespread participation of PS3 users from around the world-currently more than 670,000 unique PS3 users have registered to the Folding@home network, bringing the overall computing power of the program to more than a petaflop. Thanks to PS3's powerful Cell Broadband Engine(TM) (Cell/B.E.), scientists will now be able to make greater progress in their studies of protein folding and its link to diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and certain forms of cancer.

What a bunch of BS. Sony starts folding for less then a year and takes the credit of several years worth of us pc folders.

Anyone here got a good pimp hand? Or a set of Golf shoes?

sorry but i think without the help of the PSTripple we would still not be at a petaflop, btw they didnt take all the credit they just said that the ps3 helped increase research by leaps and bounds. nuff said, and PS3 has a better use folding than the 360's abilty to wait on a UPS truck waiting to be shipped to a repair center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom