Fixing my ps2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedSteve-o

Baseband Member
Ok, my ps2 can play dvds, and the dvd rom ps2 games. Whenever I try to put in a ps2 game with a blue/purple bottom I get a disk read error. (but for some reason they can play when the ps2 is flipped upside down........weird)

I went online and found the "fix" for this problem. Turn the little white gear a few notches, right? So i fiddle with that for a while before i realize that as soon as i try to start the game in the system, the gear turns right back turns original position.
I can tell because of the little mark i made.

So then i came up with the idea to unscrew the little screw on the gear and turn it a little without it touching the small brass gear. I thought that when it tried to center the white gear now, it would be in the spot where I placed it.

well, what do you know, the darn thing just turned right back to the mark that i made. now I have run out of ideas.

can anybody help me out here?? sorry bout the long story, lol

rereading this, im not sure if it made too much sense to anyone, just tell me in the post if it didnt, and ill try to simplify it

Lol, heh, I don't know if you should've forced it to go down like that. But anyways the blue/purple bottom games...are those imported games or something? I never heard of those colors.

No they aren't imports. I live in the Usa and the games with those colors on the bottom of the disk just mean that it is a CD (not DVD) based game.

here is your fix

Please contact Joe Harmon @ Etown Electronics 502.234.9113 he repairs ps2's and also sells a ps2 repair video.

I wrote on this forum because i didn't want to have to pay anyone to fix my ps2. thanks anyway. does anyone have any ideas of how i could fix it?

hmmm blue bottom disks are a pain. i have one as well and it almost never reads it. so it might not be ur ps2... if u can get it to work upside down.. be happy u got it to work at all.. kus they usually dont.. for me atleast :) but if it stops playin normal games... idk what to tell ya :/

Flip your ps2 to its side like how it is in the stand made for it. The reason is that the DVD ROM acount for about 87% of PS2 games wasnt supposed to happen. My friends clients reletives had a problem with this and I experimented with a friends ps2. Seems the laser weakens to the DVD ROM games since it hold so much more DATA that the laser has to be on for long periods of time. And the ps2 doesnt have a very big cache so it should be self-explanitory. If that doesnt work you could always call that guy one of the members gave you. Dont call sony because youll end up spending about 320 dollers for it to get to japan have it tested fixed laser replaced and all that stupidness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom