Firmware 2.6 Rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to disagree. For me most of these updates are very welcome since I use my PlayStation more as a media centre than as a games console. I do play and have around 20 retail games + 10 or so downloaded ones, but not nearly as much as on my PC.

I use my PS3 as a media server more than a gaming console as well, but I still find it bogus that Sony concentrates on the media server capabilities more than gaming. It just seems outrageous to me... and I'm starting to suspect that I use it as a media server more because of the crappy game software ...

Well, it is true that some issues need to be addressed, but mostly the games I play I am happy with. I do not use the social component or multiplayer that much on the PS3, so maybe that's why I don't have too many complaints, since it seems that the issues that you would like fixed are mostly in that area.

Well I'm not a big online gamer, and most of the fault are in that software realm. But even in game XMB while playing a single player game is extremely limited and dodgy-- at best-- when compared to the 360.

I can't really compare since I have never tried the 360, can't really find a reason to spend money on it having a Wii, a PS3, a PSP and a high spec gaming PC. Gears of War? Nah. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom