E3 2008 for Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt watch the sony conference because of customers and my feed cut out but doesnt look like i missed much at all

Whats with the $30 offer all of a sudden, most of those games are pretty dated and you can get them for cheaper than that..

But I agree it seems more like a investor's thing than anything else

anything good happen? I got bored like half way through and left. The game little big world isn't the first game that allows other people to use other peoples levels... Halo 3 and XNA beat Sony to that. Anyone hear about a possible FFVII remake?

Nothing yet. Pretty much everything covered is in the first post of this thread. I watched the whole thing and update the thread as it went.

MAG was the only one that caught my full attention n one i actually cared about listening too.

it's gonna be hard has heck for Sony to pull this off with 256 players in one server. No computer game can do this........maybe MMOs but still; latency issues geez.

^^^My thoughts exactly. Not to mention, there is no way 256 players are going to play well in terms of "squads" and "teamwork". That doesn't even happen in 16 player matches unless all 8 on one team know each other and have played with each other for a while.

It happens on occasion, lol. I remember my tribes 2 days, you would join 60 man pubs and most of the time it was just fly around and shoot. BUt occasionally we'd be like "ok lets just beat them, this is lame" and then comes the massive team work.

FFVII remake would be cool....

I was reading online and saw someone put it in these words which I think is probably the most accurate thing said about Sony and their E3 days:

Sony constantly shows their E3 titles and are basically saying, "We have nothing right now. But we have potential, it's coming, just wait.... PLEASE!" Last year's E3, they showed LBP, Home, Killzone2, all of which STILL are not out and don't even have solid release dates, the closest being Little Big Planet with "October"

Now what did they do this year? Showed us CGI trailers for their upcoming "exclusives." I don't care if Sony says they have the most upcoming exclusives, but when all they have to offer is CGI teasers, that just means that in 2 years from now I MIGHT be playing them, and at that point it will be at the end of this Console's generation and we will be moving on to the next good thing.

With Microsoft's E3 conference, atleast I know I will be playing most of those games before next year's E3. Come on, Sony!!

Well I disagree a little bit with that even though it does have a lot of basis. E3 is supposed to be about what is coming in the future. I felt Sony did a bad job by concentrating on rather old titles and also titles that were already out. Bringing up resistance so many times made it seem more like "Sony's Halo" and also begged to wonder... how come the only in game footage at this E3 was for games like MGS4 or a game that game out at launch? Also, why all the whoring of the Resistance franchise now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom