E3 2008 for Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
-Resistance 2 gameplay with a giant sky scraper tall alien...
Trailer with voice talking about how the world is lost. Many scenes with large massive alien ships attacking US.

-Little Big Planet
Uses LBP demo to showcase their business stats and a new line of "Greatest Hits" for PS3 at $29.99... never heard of this idea before! :p

-PS2
130 new titles for PS2 in 08-09. Maybe they need to move on?
Star Wars Force Unleashed, Warriors, SingStar, Yakuza2, Madden 09, Mercenaries 2, and others.
BuzzTV trivia game for PSP and PS3 soon.
"Perfect entry level gaming system for any family."
"Limited edition Lego Batman 2 + Justice League Movie PS2 bundle for $200 this Fall"

-PSN (PlayStation Network)
Access to PSN from anywhere, see friends list on PC, send messages, basically all the stuff you could always do with 360. Man, I am biased, but oh well :p
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty via PS Store downloadable game. Trailer and info. WOA!!! If you listened closely just for a second as the PlayStation loading screen came up, a sound very similar to the Xbox 360 boot up sound could be heard! Weird.

-GT5:prologue
Gran Turismo TV: watch real TV of live or other racing events around the globe. Free and Pay-Per-View. Sounds a bit excessive for just one game. I mean, I play the game to enjoy it, not to watch TV in it.

-PS Home
"Binding factor for PSN, bringing games, film... ultimate social experience."
Video of PS Home: Meet new friends, customize to make it yours, living game spaces.
Announcement of Video download service. Rentals and purchases. Portable content-Can be put on multiple devices at same time such as PSP and be taken with you. Not bad, the first original part of their PSN services I've seen, but you could already do this with other content, it's just original for movie and tv downloads.

More boring walkthrough of "How to download content using our PS Store".... ZzzzzZZZzzzzzzz....

-New entertainment packs for PSP.
-PSP Resistance Retribution.
Trailer... basically resistance 1 on PSP with worse graphics and a slightly different story.

-Life With Playstation
News, TV, all this yada yada stuff for PS3. Haven't these people ever heard of CABLE or the INTERNET? Sheesh. They think we will want to use our PS3 to access this stuff in the living room when we can just use our TV and cable or a laptop?

-DC Universe Online
MMO with comic characters. Trailer. Play your comic books, basically. Oh and this is on PC as well.

-80GB PS3 for $400 to match the performance of 40GB PS3, so it won't have back compat., just a bigger hard drive.

-Their new games line-up:
Little Big Planet
MotorStorm sequel
007 Quantum Solice
Socom Sequel
Ghost Busters
Resistance 2
the agency
Naruto Storm
Mirror's Edge
Resident Evil 5
SingStar
Guitar Hero
NBA Inside 09
Buzz Quiz TV
Killzone 2

-God of War III
Trailer... just CGI and a world falling to pieces. No game footage or anything.

-Infamous
Basically a star wars "i have force powers" rip-off

-MAG: Max Action Game
Are you serious? They are trying to make on online multiplayer shooter with 256 players?? Not only will there be latency issues, but this whole thing revolves around superior leadership and squad team work. Any idiot who plays online will know that 256 players will not cooperate and will just end up being mass chaos.

Updates coming as it goes.

Not at all, it seems more like this conference is suited for their investors and stockholders rather than the gaming community... it's pathetic.

I agree as well. It's like they are trying to shoot you an investment campaign and have all these reasons why "You should invest in our company" and not really much about the games or revolutionization. I was expecting a much more in depth Home showing, but all we got was a shorter clip than before, and NO new info.

It almost comes off as "this is how we are trying to match Xbox Live" or "this is how we improve things way too late."

It's at the point with this conference now, where I actually don't even want to waste my time talking about it. Their biggest announcement was literally 20 seconds of pre-rendered footage of God of War 3.

The game I'm looking forward to the most from the conference is DC Universe Online. . . for the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom