Clicking Grinding noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingWolf

In Runtime
When I put my a game in the and the CD starts to spin it will make this clicking griding noises and the game will freeze up, and it's even worse as it slows down to eject the CD. Sometimes it will happen right when I put it in and other times it will work for a while, and then start.

Anybody know whats going on or how to fix it?

Sounds like the PSx has been dropped too many times! Seriously, the CD tray could be out of alignment. I've seen on that was like that because a guy accidentally kicked the tray when it was out, then the games would freeze, or the tray would not go in, or other problems.

I don't know how he fixed it, or if he has.

Dave :D

I know Best Buy can fix it for about 30 bux. Not that expensive and they'll also clean your system, double check to see if the laser is aligned properly and usually doesn't take that long.

Well I can send it to Sony for like $10 because since they couldn't figure out what it was they wavied the repair free, and luckly i have never dropped it, or hit it.

or, heres a suggestion, assuming you have no warranty left.

Take the sony apart carefully until you have the main sections separated 9 case, main unit, etc.)

unplug any cables connecting the cd/dvd drive to it.

either get a new drive, try to fix it yourself(if u know alot like me), or phone a friend who knows more than you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom