Cant play cod 4 online on PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouldeeves

Baseband Member
Just got call of duty 4 for my ps3 but it wont work on online play however I can play the single player game and can use other online features on the ps3.
The disk doesnt seem to have any problems.

When i get onto the menu and go to multiplayer i get the find game part and then it just freezes. Whats going on?

maybe its your internet connection? but for the past few days the servers are really slow, dropping everyone and displaying some weird command errors before dropping

Yeah, for some reason the PS3's online play has been sucking the last month or more. My friend and I wanted to play some COD4 and I have an amazing 20mb/5mb internet connection. So he brings his PS3 over and we try to play. What happens? Every game is laggy, the host often quits, server errors, basically no ability to even play it.

Since I have the 360, I showed my friend how much easier and better it was on the 360, how I NEVER lag and quite often am the host. So he goes out and buys a 360 on the spot. +1 for Microsoft's online superiority.

When it comes to online, most reviews don't say it right. They say the Xbox Live is very good, but not justifiable for $40 a year. On the other hand they say that PSN isn't the best, but ok for being free. I think if these people actually sat around for 2 hours trying to play games and not being able to because of how poorly the PSN servers are managed, the reviewers would have changed their minds.

Yeah, for some reason the PS3's online play has been sucking the last month or more. My friend and I wanted to play some COD4 and I have an amazing 20mb/5mb internet connection. So he brings his PS3 over and we try to play. What happens? Every game is laggy, the host often quits, server errors, basically no ability to even play it.

Since I have the 360, I showed my friend how much easier and better it was on the 360, how I NEVER lag and quite often am the host. So he goes out and buys a 360 on the spot. +1 for Microsoft's online superiority.

When it comes to online, most reviews don't say it right. They say the Xbox Live is very good, but not justifiable for $40 a year. On the other hand they say that PSN isn't the best, but ok for being free. I think if these people actually sat around for 2 hours trying to play games and not being able to because of how poorly the PSN servers are managed, the reviewers would have changed their minds.

it was never like this though, maybe once but not as bad as now

well, i dont know what it is about this case, but i dont seem to have any problem with PSN....im running on a dsl connection, and i have few problems that have to do w/ the PSN (its mostly my internet) but...ne who, and regarding hosting....i have hosted on cod4, because i left the game, but the game quit at the same time due to "host ended game"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom