Any must have accessories or games for the PS3 (slim)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester070993

In Runtime
Hey guys I'm about to get a ps3 slim and I wanna know if there are any must have accessories or games? I only wanna get a couple of game for right now (about 2) and a few accessories because I not trying to spend massive amounts of money

Get Uncharted 2 for sure. I promise you that it will be the best game you buy for PS3.

Other games to think about are Killzone 2. Cool game but the controls leave room for improvement. Another great game is Infamous.

ok thanks. I was thinkiing about getting Uncharted 2 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
Now how about for accessories? Which ones should I get??

Hdmi cable (if you've got the tv for it).
Fyi, as far as I know cheap ones produce the same quality as expensive ones. At least for short distances like 3m.

Personally I don't think you need any accessories until you need them. What I mean by that is just buy what you need when you need it. I bought this little Logitech usb keyboard for my PS2 back in the day and I now use it on the PS3. Great for sending messages to friends.

I would get a bluetooth mic. I have the official PS3 mic that came with SOCOM. Need a mic if you are going to play MP.

Also you can use a mouse and keyboard on your ps3 but don't get me wrong...doesn't work for games. However you can use it to browse the "dashboard" and internet.

I have a dual controller charger dock, but it's probably not worth it - it only charges them while the PS3 is on, and I don't like to leave mine running, so it's just charging 2 controllers while I'm using the third one... and you can be charging 1 without the dock anyways (or 2 with another usb cable).

Keyboard is nice, but definitely not necessary. A bluetooth headset/mic is definitely nice if you plan to play multiplayer online.

Get a second controller if you're planning to play with a friend - there aren't many good games for more than 2 players though. (and most are better for single player or multiplayer online).

Ok thanks guys. I am going to either get a headset for online gaming but i dont know which one is the best and which one to get. any ideas???

Ok thanks guys. I am going to either get a headset for online gaming but i dont know which one is the best and which one to get. any ideas???

If you already have a bluetooth headset, don't get one anyway. Almost any bluetooth headset works. I tried over 10 personally, all worked. HDMI cable and a bluetooth headset is all that were necessary for me.

Whoa, Uncharted 2 is what u are recommending he get? Back up.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game ever created, and it is only on ps3. Definitely get that. If you're only getting one more game after that, I'd say get a shooter so MW2 or Killzone 2.

How I rank exlcusive games on ps3:

1. MGS4
2. Killzone 2
3. Resistance 2
4. Motorstorm 2
5. Resistance 1
6. Infamous

Then it goes on with stuff like Motorstorm 1 and crap that would be pointless to get. If you like racing, just get #2.

I never played Uncharted, but I would probably throw #2 right in after Resistance 2. Wouldn't it be better to play the first one first anyway since its like a story game, not a standard shooter or racing game or some crap?

Multiplatform games to consider:

Devil May Cry 4
MW2
Borderlands
Oblivion + Fallout 3 (I don't like these games, but most people seem to)
Soul Calibur 4
Bioshock and in the future Bioshock 2 (I'm not a fan of this one either, but people like it)

Whoa, Uncharted 2 is what u are recommending he get? Back up.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game ever created, and it is only on ps3. Definitely get that. If you're only getting one more game after that, I'd say get a shooter so MW2 or Killzone 2.

Yes it is. I've played those other games you mentioned. MGS2 sucked and it was like watching a movie. Way to many cut scenes. I would never recommend that game.

Killzone 2 was good but the controls sucked and the MP is lacking.

Infamous was great. I really like that game but Uncharted 2 is better.

Uncharted 2 is the best game I have played on PS3.

Since you haven't played it yet I am not really sure how you can comment on it and other games being better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom