A 399$ Ps3???

Status
Not open for further replies.
we strongly believe that the company is about to launch a $399 PS3 in time for the holiday season. We've been hearing rumors to this effect for some time

The Big announcement is October 12th. Hopefully it is the 40GB PS3. also maybe they will announce th 80GB dropping to 500 as predicted. And besides The HDD in the PS3 is USER REPLACEABLE, meaning u dontt have to buy a Sony HD to upgrade it you just need a 2.5" Sata laptop drive and your in, compared to M$' 180$ 120GB HD

The Big announcement is October 12th. Hopefully it is the 40GB PS3. also maybe they will announce th 80GB dropping to 500 as predicted. And besides The HDD in the PS3 is USER REPLACEABLE, meaning u dontt have to buy a Sony HD to upgrade it you just need a 2.5" Sata laptop drive and your in, compared to M$' 180$ 120GB HD

i didn't know that... i don't know PS products that well.. but i may buy a regular PS3 and add a HD myself

yeah I got a 500GB in mine totaly pwns the Elites' 120GB, but i use my ps3 for media steaming and storage so i needed to upgrade most users though will not need more than even 20GB

yeah I got a 500GB in mine totaly pwns the Elites' 120GB, but i use my ps3 for media steaming and storage so i needed to upgrade most users though will not need more than even 20GB

I'll stick with my 60 gb for now, Not even half full yet and i got like 20 demos on it...lol

We'll see if its not too late.

The problem is the high price has already done alot of damage by losing them game contracts. Then, you have to consider that many people will only buy 1 console and have already bought one of the others.

Will be interesting to see how well this works.

Some companies have also said that they chose PS3 cuz it hasnt been hacked to play bootleg games, unlike t Wii and 360. The Devs making games on those consoles are kinda mad that they have to caculate the losses they will receive due to pirating

In Accounting terms, there is no "loss" from a pirated DVD, merely a failure to sell. In Business terms, they've come to associate it with a loss, but in a purely financial sense, there is not.

I'm not sure of the numbers at the moment, but last time I checked the 360 was triple in sales to the PS3. So, unless two thirds of the 360 users are pirating the game, from a financial standpoint they'll still have higher profit margins on the 360.

Now, if the games were being stolen from the store, there'd be actual tangible "loss" because of the cost of creation, packaging, shipping, ect.

But as its online theft, there is no financial loss attatched to the online theft, but rather a removal of potential marketshare.

So, if we assume even as high as 10% of the 360 marketshare is lost to piraters, I believe it sitll outstrips the PS3, and therefore developers will still be able to make more money from the 360.

What sony needs to be doing is increasing the amount of PS3s they can sell, so that developers can make more money selling on their console.

The fact that it hasn't yet been hacked will help it bridge the gap, I'm sure, but it won't cover it by itself, not yet at least.

Of course, I doubt the PS3 will remain unhacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom