2nd gen. PS3 console...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh I think that is more like a 360 fact or something. Never heard of that rumor for the ps3 though as I don't bother with the darned things.

Actually, a few places are starting to report more and more PS3 failure rate increases. There's a few articles out there, denied by Sony (of course) but then who wouldn't deny them? Can't fault them for that, until they get to the bottom of the problem (if there is one). So, it's being reported and denied from both sides, we'll just have to see what happens.

Sounds a bit like Microsoft, till they finally HAD to admit that they had a high percentage of failing xbox 360s.... I honestly think, that they both pushed the design to much, there rather small for the amount of heat they have to dissipate, and they are overall probably poorly designed on the inside, airflow and wire managment and such...

how many people on this site has ahd their 360 break down? AMDGTPLAYER's just broke dont know if he got it back yet but also i see a lot of people here saying they got a refurbished 360 which means it was RRoD before most likely. I think if i recall only one person on THIS forum has had a problem with their PS3 and that was with their SiXaXiS. Also i have checked these places that say the PS3 40GB have insane failure rates like 40%soon after some people starting asking for sources the news was taken down. Why would this news be taken down if it were true? because its not

The failure rates are from the 40gb ps3's not the older ones that they actually good parts in. Sony is floundering trying to get the price down to a point people will actually buy them and cutting corners which is why the rumor of dying ps3's is coming around. As more and more 40gb models make their way out into the public i expect the numbers to go up.

so where are these people and facts about their ps3's breaking? no proof check youtube j/k but if you type in RRoD millions of vids. im pretty sure id notice if there were some broken ps3's out there since i now only associate with people that have ps3's

EDIT: 40GB ps'3 have better hardware in them including smaller chips and more efficient chips as well as less noise(not that the ps3 even makes it; unlike the 360) and better PSU in it so how would it fail at these rates?, still checking websites that i frequent and no people saying their 40GB's breaking.

Saying the 40GB is failing at these rates is not like saying the elite breaks down less than the 360 beecause it breaks down equally since its the same hardware inside, [sarcasm]yup i like that falcon board in there and those 65nm chips.[/sarcasm]

Meh i could care less, my pc still owns both ps3 and 360 and i get the benefit of not being a Sony or Xbox fanboy who gets sand in his vag anytime someone speaks badly of their chosen brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom