256 players in multiplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks crazy cool. Just saw this on yahoo as well and was going to make a post if there was not already one. I just do not see how the servers are going to be able to handle that. I think it was "something" Fuels of War that had decently large sized groups of people and it was horrible because of the constant slow game play due to a constant lag..

If it has little lag it will be amazing.

Looks crazy cool. Just saw this on yahoo as well and was going to make a post if there was not already one. I just do not see how the servers are going to be able to handle that. I think it was "something" Fuels of War that had decently large sized groups of people and it was horrible because of the constant slow game play due to a constant lag..

If it has little lag it will be amazing.

well if they do it in a smart way I don't think they'll be a problem.

I mean look at it this way : most games now hold around what? 16 players

256/16= 16...so basically it's just 16 , 16 player games going on at once.

So as long as they allocate the same amount(or more) bandwidth that is needed for 16 games to the one game..it should be fine.

assuming they look at it that way ...for all we know they might just try to do it the dumb way and everyone will have 5000 ping lol

I thought it was cool at first, 256 players in one match but I've decided I don't like it because when you play the game you will have little effect on how the game turns out. In deathmatch on COD (6v6) you actually have a big impact when you have a good game, but you in MAG you could have an awesome game and still end up losing badly.

I don't see how they will accomplish this without lag. They are either going to have to give up quality of the game play like graphics and interaction with the environment or they will have to charge a lot to counter act all of the upgrades they would have to do to their servers and bandwidth.

i'd like to play it just to see how it is...having different leaders and stuff

BUT it would require a GREAT community...or else you'll get teams that have 10 year old rambo's in it that just run around without listening :\

^no idea what you mean by that, but alrighty.

edit:wait, u mean that sarcastically, so ur basically saying im whining about campers...ah i see. Put it this way, do you see a cheetah camping behind a tree, posed at a deer path, waiting for an antelope to walk by? no, he is out running around, smelling, and tracking them, until he finds them and then he strategically attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom