Is it worth getting the Wii u

All boils down to preferences and what you are into. Nintendo systems are great for the virtual console and a lil nostalgia, but it isn't something I would play often as my primary console.

There are others who would love it though, specially lil ones. Heck, that lego city game looks hella fun.

Wii was inferior to the 360 and PS3 as well and sold like hotcakes. I think the problem there is the Wii U isn't x86 so developers don't feel like coding for a separate unit when they don't have to anymore.

I think the Wii has terrible tracking. It was so damn annoying trying to play Skyward Sword and recenter the stupid thing so I could shoot.

its easier freehand. thats why i want the xbox 360. cos i can get kinect. thats better

Yes. It is worth it.

On paper, the specs aren't impressive.

When you turn on your first game of Mario, you immediately feel that Nintendo polish all over again.

It's now a few years later and you can clean up on games if you haven't already purchased one.

The games are tight. The controller is comfy as hell. The fit, finish and design are top notch.

--Sent from my Blast Processing Doritto chip from Space Station Four.

Yes. It is worth it.

On paper, the specs aren't impressive.

When you turn on your first game of Mario, you immediately feel that Nintendo polish all over again.

It's now a few years later and you can clean up on games if you haven't already purchased one.

The games are tight. The controller is comfy as hell. The fit, finish and design are top notch.

I entirely agree.

I just bought the Wii U Mario 3D world deluxe package few days ago and we're in love.
I already have a PS4, PS3 and a pretty good gaming pc however I was getting bored of every game that I had so far.
All of a sudden I see a refurb deal on Nintendos site (check it out if you haven't ) and I started wondering what if...
I started watching all the game trailers for Zelda, Mario Karts, 3D Mario World, Nintendo Land, etc and man I wanted it right away. You don't play NIntendo games for the graphics, the game play, the stories are just amazing and fun and the characters are so cute...haha
I kept sending my wife game videos and shes like omg these look amazing and then shes like but these are on the Wii then shes like...whatever you're thinking...STOP and after that she's like...I WANT IT NOW and we bought it the same night and we have no regrets.
We got the Pro controller as well which is pretty much like the xbox controller. We need to find our wii remotes, we use to have a WIi.
I also like how it's backwards compatible, something I wish sony and microsoft would do.
We got Mario 3D World and Nintendo land part of the bundle and bought Zelda and Mario Kart
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200
THere's that link if you're interested
Good Luck

And another thing I forgot to mention.
The Wii U was a big seller because it has many Co Op games to play locally, me and my wife love to play games together and now we finally have games that can do that. I felt like Sony lacked that.
And this weekend we're bringing all our cousins and my brother and his wife over to play together, hoping to have a fun gaming experience.

Just realized this thread was created 2 years ago...
man I need to WAKE UP!!!

Last edited:
It's been actively posted on though so it's no big deal.

I have had one sitting in my closet with MC8 since this summer sometime. Can't wait till the kid opens that **** and I can take it over lol.

Back
Top Bottom