Wii Vga Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplechords

Baseband Member
I was wondering if there was any way to hook my Wii up to my 20 inch CRT. I have a crappy TV and i would much rather use my monitor. If there isn't a wii specific adapter, does anyone know of a component to vga adapter?

Yeah, I actually emailed Nintendo with this exact question and here's exactly what they said:

The specs I have for Wii indicate that it will have one multi-out port for component, composite, or S-video. If your computer monitor accepts one of these inputs, you should be able to use your computer monitor as the Wii display. Another option is to install a video capture card in your computer. However, the video capture cards often introduce delays with can negatively impact the playability of video games using that method. Most people will have the best results in using Wii with a TV display.

Nintendo of America Inc.

So, if your monitor has any of those inputs (composite, s-video, or component) then you can connect it that way. I was really hoping there would be a VGA or DVI port because Wii is so small and would be great for LAN parties.

VGA has the same pin-outs as component, as far as I know.

It should just be a matter of making an adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom