The Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that? It is mildly more powerful, but devs won't allocate any extra resources to it on multiplatform titles, so it won't look any better just like PC (yes I know we get higher res and AA but this doesn't have that much extra power). Why would a hardcore player go and buy this when they already have something just as good? And this has NO dual analog controls? Sliders just don't cut it. Have you ever heard how annoying it is to play shooters on a Wii? Also remember, new hardcore consoles will likely be out a year following this.

I think the Wii U looks pretty cool. The fact it will output in 1080p and have complete backwards compatibility for everything including the classic controller. Ghost Recon for this system looks pretty interesting as well.

You do realize Druid that you don't HAVE to use the new controller? You can use the Wii Remote as well as the classic controller (which does have duel analog sticks).

Definitely looks awesome, hard core gamer or not i wouldn't mind jamming on this. I like how you can continue to play the game on the new remote instead of the television.

I think the Wii U looks pretty cool. The fact it will output in 1080p and have complete backwards compatibility for everything including the classic controller. Ghost Recon for this system looks pretty interesting as well.

You do realize Druid that you don't HAVE to use the new controller? You can use the Wii Remote as well as the classic controller (which does have duel analog sticks).

It is capable of 1080p. I'm putting my money on the games being 720p for the most part. And that controller is available for the regular Wii, but Devs aren't putting games on it. It needs to come standard. As soon the next xbox and ps3 come out, I'm betting the WiiU will lose some of its newfound third party support once it is an outdated piece of hardware once more.

Eww. No thanks. It's one of those consoles i'll buy just because i feel i need to try it, and then never play it.

There going to have to show a lot of cool **** to ever convince me. I do not see the point. They already showed the PS Vita doing the exact same thing with cloud saves between PS3 and PSV. Alright it's not quite as smooth, but it still only took 5 seconds or so. And the thing is huge ! and ugly, and obese.

The only reason this will be a success is because of nintendos brand image and following among the crowd of people that hate core consoles. Also it's going to launch with some great first party games no doubt like Zelda and Mario. People want to play those games badly no matter what form they come in.

From what i can tell they're still using a resistive screen (I saw a video with someone using a stylus) for the love of god use capacitive.

I heard about the new Wii U coming out. Is it a whole new system or is there a way to buy components for the old Wii to turn it into a Wii U? I like how when playing golf you have a golf ball on a tablet below you and you hit it with your club and the ball disappears and flies into the TV :p

It's their new system. New hardware, new games and new capabilities. There won't be a way to upgrade the old system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom