Wii graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wii has a lot of fun games. As others have said the Xbox360 and the PS3 will kill it as far as graphics go because that is one of the main thing those 2 consoles were made towards. The Wii is made towards gameplay and enjoyment as well as being something the whole family can enjoy equally.

As far as the disappointment factor that Ethan expressed, I blame that completely on those who are developing the games. Most 3rd party groups have not bothered to fully utilize the potential of what the Wii has to offer. This is largely due to the fact that it would require a totally different controller scheme than would be found for the PS3 or Xbox360, and because they want to either release the games on all three consoles or eventually on the other 2, a lot of the Wii specific features are under used. Other games just are simplistic in that they are meant to be for everybody to be able to play easily, such as the Wii Sports and some of the party games released. Those wii games are also just as much aimed at the much older audience as it is to the younger audience because of that simplicity. Not all 60+ people are all that savy on video games but a lot of the wii games they can play with their grandchildren that if it was too complex in the movements they might not be able to do it.

Thanks for the comments guys. Its so tough to decide to get a wii or 360.
I just got a 360 but I can return it if I decide to get a wii. But, I think I am leaning towards the 360, because I enjoy good graphics as well as first person shooters. Maybe a wii will be in my future if my wife ever wants a gaming system.

Keep your 360. Just be careful and don't leave it in a spot where it can get knocked over or kicked. In fact, don't use it in the vertical position at all, just use it horizontal and it will work the best.

Wii sucks with sports, just an FYI. That is what I was comparing the graphics to, I've played both PS2 and Wii Madden and they are really really comparable in terms of graphics. Seriously, and at least with PS2 your players do what you tell them to, the Wii motion buttons are questionable at best.

As for games like Zelda and more cartoonish graphics it is great and really takes advantage of the motion buttons.

Okay, let's put it in numbers. The Wii can output up to 480p widescreen, and the 360 can output up to 720p or 1080p, depending on the version. The PS3 can output up to 1080p.

You can barely notice the difference between 720p and 1080p. The resolution on either is great. Only difference is when using a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom