Using PC speakers with wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hi,

Just wondering if there is any way I could use my pc speakers with my wii? If there is, would appreciate if you could tell me how.

Thanks

You can, with some adapters. Make sure you have amplified PC speakers (will either take batteries or have an AC adapter, not just a headphone plug) and then get an RCA stereo to 1/8" minijack adapter from RadioShack or other electronics store. Then plug the Red and White plugs from the Wii into the adapter, and the speakers' headphone plug into the other end. Now turn on the speakers, turn on the Wii (plug the yellow into your TV) and play :)

The adapter will look something like:

Code:
0))white-------\
               >-----(((0 1/8" headphone (minijack) connector
0))red---------/

Hey

Would you be able to show me the kind of cable you are talking about? When I checked google, there was a few different cables that I got.

Thanks

mini3rca.jpg
no91.jpg

Google images found these pictures, you can probably get one at Radioshack, Best Buy, or pretty much anywhere that sells cords.

Hey,

Sorry for this, i'm really not good at this thing as you can see.

You said "Then plug the Red and White plugs from the Wii into the adapter, and the speakers' headphone plug into the other end."

Plug into..

mini3rca.jpg

Sorry if I havn't picked this up. Are you meaning I need to plug the red and white plugs from the wii into the adaptor (in the picture)?

Do you mean something like this?

21201.jpg

from your

0))white-------\
>-----(((0 1/8" headphone (minijack) connector
0))red---------/

Something like plug this adapter into the speaker's headphone port? Then put the red and white cables with my wii into this adapter, and finally, the yellow plug that also comes with the wii into my TV?

Sorry if I got this wrong.. like I said, i'm not the best with this kind of stuff :)

Hello,

no91.jpg

...This is the wrong cable.

The type of cable you need will depend on what speakers you have.

Typically, speakers for computer systems will have a female 3.5mm stereo input jack for connecting a male to male 3.5mm jack audio cable between the computer's sound card and the speakers.
In this case, you'll need a female stereo RCA to male 3.5mm stereo jack audio cable, like this:

CABLE-Audio-Y-Splitter-2-RCA-Females-to-1-3-5mm-Male-IEC-M7401.jpg

or this...

21201.jpg

Because these adapters are usually short as you can see in those pictures, in addition to one of the previous cables, you may need to purchase and use a female 3.5mm stereo to male 3.5mm stereo jack extension cable like this:

13787.jpg

The following adapter will also work:

21uswx0eHJL._AA280_.jpg

In this case, you'll need a female stereo RCA to male 3.5mm stereo jack audio cable, like this:

Actually, you'd want a female stereo RCA to female stereo 3.5mm. Usually speakers have male plugs on them (at least all of mine do). I haven't seen these though.

You need THIS:
2417-5050.jpg

I emailed creative (I bought their speakers, havn't arrived yet though), and they said:

"The way I see it, you need some kind of audio adapter/converter that will connect your 3 - 3.5mm audio jack from your speaker on one side andyour RCA cables on the other side."

Does this help at all?

Actually, you'd want a female stereo RCA to female stereo 3.5mm. Usually speakers have male plugs on them (at least all of mine do). I haven't seen these though.

You need THIS:
2417-5050.jpg

There is no one definitive setup.

You can either use a female stereo RCA to female stereo 3.5mm cable, in conjunction with a male stereo 3.5mm to male stereo 3.5mm cable to hook it up to your speaker system, assuming your PC speakers have a female stereo 3.5mm input jack:
2417-5050.jpg

and

1221fk9.jpg

The problem with using a female stereo RCA cable to female stereo 3.5mm is that such a cable is not widely available.
Alternatively, you can use a female stereo RCA to male stereo 3.5mm cable, in conjunction with a female stereo 3.5mm to male stereo 3.5mm cable as I previously posted:

or

21201.jpg

and

13787.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom