Used Nintendo Games.

I can't do that for some reason. When my parents house and storage when up in flames I felt really lucky that my PS1, PS2, SNES, NES, and N64 made it out ok. My original grey N64 controller is pretty melted but it all still works. I'm still pretty torn over half my collection was stolen before bt I guess eventually before my son is old enough to play these games I'll get some of those games back.

Even if you can get the games ported to other systems, it's just not the same. Normally I'm all about convenience, but I really hate the idea of getting rid of my old systems. When I bought my new TV a while back, I kept my 32" LCD specifically for my older systems I didn't have room for on my TV stand. When I have a house, or at least an apartment with an extra room I can take over, I'll have a set place for them. Like a shrine.

It doesn't help that I've been feeling really nostalgic lately, lol. I didn't need any more help feeling nostalgic! I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU.

EDIT: Mak, I may take you up on one of those controllers if PP doesn't need both of them, I can't find many of mine, and the only two I have right now have borked analog sticks. D;

I know I have a green and gold controller. The stuff all worked when I last used it about 5 years ago. It has been sitting in a box since then. So I have no idea of the working condition they are in now. They should still be operational, since they were working when I last had the stuff hooked up.

Okay well I just hooked up the N64 and everything is working. Both controllers still work and the games still have the save files.

rvwyza.jpg

Those are the controllers. I will be adding in the Memory Card, as you need it to play Castlevania. I am also adding in the Memory Expansion Pack. It works with the 2nd Castlevania game and does make a difference. It just goes on the front of the console under the trap door between the power and reset buttons.

I have my Zapper, regular NES controller as well as the NES Max controller sitting around.

Yes I have kept my stuff pretty clean over the years. I know the pic isn't the greatest, but it was a quick thing done with my phone. Figured I could show instead of try to explain what I had.

I can take a pic of the collection of stuff as well.

Okay well I just hooked up the N64 and everything is working. Both controllers still work and the games still have the save files.

rvwyza.jpg

Those are the controllers. I will be adding in the Memory Card, as you need it to play Castlevania. I am also adding in the Memory Expansion Pack. It works with the 2nd Castlevania game and does make a difference. It just goes on the front of the console under the trap door between the power and reset buttons.

I have my Zapper, regular NES controller as well as the NES Max controller sitting around.

Oooo you have the expansion pack? I've been meaning to get one of those for years now. Thanks for reminding me lol.

I'll totally take the green controller if PP doesn't need it, would be nice to have a fully working one. I'll shoot you a PM with an address in a bit. :D Thanks Mak!

That Ninja Gaiden Trilogy cart is probably one of the rarer ones out there. I always keep an eye out for that one when I hit the garage sales and flea markets. The SNES is probably my favorite system of all time.

I like the convienience of downloading, but I still never get rid of anything. I'm just wired to collect things.

Anyway flea markets and garage sales are where you need to look. I just saw a pack of 7 N64 games last weekend including Mario 64 and Goldeneye for $25 at a flea market. You'll get the best prices at those type places. Some of my best finds are Dragon Warrior IV for $4 at that same market, Xenogears black label complete for $5, and Tactics Ogre complete for $5.

Last edited:
Yea I used to hit up Traders Village (pretty big market in the DFW area) but even they wanted high prices for decent common 64 carts. I don't really have a problem finding the SNES carts I want, but I have been dieing to play some N64. Luckily my adapter will be here friday.

Yeah you can always tell who went to ebay or amazon to set their prices. You also have to love the people who think these things value appreciate over time.

One time I called a guy with some nes games listed in the local paper. He told me he paid $70 for each game in the 80's so he was hoping to at least get around $80-$90 a game.

Back
Top Bottom