Use your Wiimote in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I bought a Nintendo Wii when it came out. As you might know you do not use gamepads to play the games but the so called Wiimote which looks very much like a tv remote control and uses bluetooth to communicate with the core system. Carl Kenner developed the software Glove Pie which can be used to control games and applications with gestures, speech and other input devices.

Carl added Wiimote support to Glove (Glove Programmable Input Emulator) Pie which makes it possible to use the Wiimote and the Nunchuck to control applications in Windows. You need to have bluetooth enabled to be able to communicate with the Wiimote and Nunchuck though. Just download and start the Glove Pie software. After that you could add scripts to support the devices.

I found a forum post that had some good examples for scripts that you could use to use the buttons of the Wii devices for example.

Up = Wiimote.Up
Down = Wiimote.Down
Left = Wiimote.Left
Right = Wiimote.Right
A = Wiimote.A
B = Wiimote.B
One = Wiimote.One
Two = Wiimote.Two
Home = Wiimote.Home
Minus = Wiimote.Minus
Equals = Wiimote.Plus

Some scripts for the Glove Pie can be found at Joseph Coulstons website. The two scripts that he offers make it possible to use the Wiimote with Google Earth and one script to display the battery level of the Wiimote.

It is quite possible that we will soon witness some games that work specifically with the Wiimote connected to your computer.

http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie

http://www.wiili.org/forum/glove-pie--can-you-help-me-t309.html

Enable bluetooth meaning what. Just download the glovepie and run it? Or do you need a special bluetooth connection on your PC. I custom built mine and it doesn't use bluetooth, but it is connected wireless via cable setup.

i have been using this in windows and its not that much good to be honest i put the Script in GlovePIE for Call of duty and it went absolute rubbish the nunchuck movement Went well though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom