Should I get a DSi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my view... I stood in line for 5 hours at my local Gamestop, bought it, brought it home... Had a BUNCH of fun for about 2 weeks, i mean i couldn't put this thing down. Music player was cool and innovative, the camera was arguably the coolest part or the system. The games were the same quality, albeit the sounds was slightly improved. The internet browser was cool and all, got great Wi-Fi reception, but in the end i didn't care too much for it. So after the 2 weeks of fun, i opted to buy a PSP (the white Vader Edt. = Awesome :D) i had not touched my DSi after my PSP purchase. To boil all what i just said down... don't buy a DSi, i sold mine to my friend with 5 games for $250. PSP is much better, with skype, with the internet browser, with music, with games, with sound quality, no you cant touch the screen but who cares? The DSi was made for kids under the age of 15 who like to take funny pictures distort them, and post them on MyBook or FaceSpace or whatever those things are.;) Dont waste your money, and buy PSP. (NOT PSP GO it = Fail) Plus FF Dissidia just came out and thats worth a PSP right there.

Jester, you may want to consider the PSP Go as well that will be coming out soon. Nintendo handheld gaming devices have made so much money it is ridiculous. They surely will come out a new one probably next year. I would wait if I were you.

Jester, you may want to consider the PSP Go as well that will be coming out soon. Nintendo handheld gaming devices have made so much money it is ridiculous. They surely will come out a new one probably next year. I would wait if I were you.

From what ive seen the Go is rubbish, plus all your games are going to be on flash memory, not just the game saves but the large game file as well. The Go is what the PSP should have been in the first place, too little to late i think... for $200~ its not worth it. Also they WILL charge you $1 per game to transferr it from UMD to onboard memory at those stupid Gamestop kiosks. I love my PSP to death and will not be buying the Go for the sole reason that i can play games that are on flash memory... OMG on my PSP!!! Its going to be as ugly as the Sidekick and will have annoyingly difficult to handle controls... I.E. the d-pad, all 4 buttons, start and select, joystick, etc.

Rubbish...:freak:

What do you mean? Can't you play games off the memory sticks in the regular psp? I'm pretty sure you can. I have both a psp and a DS, and they were both a waste. The psp was more of a waste because, by the time I decided to get it, I has almost stopped liking portable games already. At least I got a good 2 years out of the DS. And yeah, a new nintendo handheld coming out next year? I don't think so. It is too soon, and it would have been announced by now. Besides, nintendo can't have their handhelds catching up to their console in graphical power.

DSi - pretty big waste of money, the "ram increase" can be bought third party for your DS or a DSL and improve that Web browsing - however it will still be slow, the processing speed is a problem - and no it didn't get upgraded that much to fix.

Personally I wanna know how the DSi handles third party Phone applications like the DSphone - cuz on my DSL the voice is robotic and horrid quality, and I can't figure out if it's the DSL itself or the Free Phone services I use.

As for the Wii - your not paying for less spec, your paying for more sensitive controls. No other console in the world has the controls of a Wii, the axis rotation and movement and speed controls - they are all Top Dollar - hince the prices. If Xbox slapped controls on it's games like that you could be sure to see a $200+ increase in price.

Honestly owning pretty much every system (I ain't a fangirl) The Wii is great for family fun or competition games that are more on the Kiddy humor level, or 4 person action on 1 screen without having quad split sections hindering overall graphics/performance/view. It's great for "kids of all ages" and the sports are addictive and fat burning. ( I suggest all you tubby Nerds/Geeks get one just to burn some off :p) Nintendo had a great idea- get the fat kids a work out without them REALIZING they are working out. Then when it hit with the older aged players the Yoga and other methods of excersize popped into the games, with mats and all that. America is fat, we need to trim it, the only other way is... A chainsaw and lots of screaming.

The Xbox360 is great on graphics, but has nothing on my PC. If your into Graphics - you need a PC, end of debate. No system compares to a Great High-end PC, sure you pay more, but it also lasts for such a crazy long time. So if your just playing for graphics, your in the wrong area - consoles are not the thing to hit. Now the 360 is great for it's FPS, strat, and a few multiplayer games- but typically only if your 1 person per screen or 2 persons and a BIG screen. No one likes to play GoW2 when your gun is smaller then your pinky. There are some crazy addictive arcade games too like Peggle that are crazy fun, and very simple. Even silly games like N+ and.. something with rocket packs... I forget the name.. but it was fun.

The PS3 is the epic failure of the market, I know that is hard to believe with its Massive Blue Ray drive (do you really watch Blue Ray movies from your Console? ... I'd just pay about $100 and watch em onmy PC.. if i really wanted to jump to blue...) The harddrive is about the same varieties - youll either fill it up fast because you bog it down or you'll never fill it up at all because you only use it for save games. Internet capability.. again..why ona console... the only thing a console needs to do is play a game without stutter, lag, or graphical distortions- and sometimes online.

There are very few games worth buying for PS3 in most peoples eyes.
Most PS3 are not "backward compatible" with PS2 - so your screwed there too.
PS3 Heat of CRAZY hot and fast - it's amazing how few problems are reported - but they still have "Red ring of doom" issues - just not as widely spread (kinda like Mac has viruses but they keep it Hush hush)

It is better built then a 360 (at least Pre 2009 Arcade versions, the new chips are KICKIN! my 360 is VERY cool even after hard gaming) but over all you kept the controller and you limited games and the only thing they TRY to do is keep games that "major hits" to PS3 only - which fails miserably for market. Downloaded content is a joke as well - most Games for PS3 won't have it, unlike 360, Fallout3 players across the globe hated PS for this since NONE of the Downloaded content was made available to them for PS3. Really the only people around me with PS3 are Die Hard Kingdom Hearts fans (silly ninnies) or Fanboys that believe the playstation game console is the best thing since soda was invented.

I personally own:
Atari x2 (both working)
NES
SNES
N64 (although my main controller has gone missing)
GCN
PS
PSone
Sega
Dreamcast
NDSL (and an original Gameboy in working condition)
Xbox360 (x3=2 in perfect shape, one semi working)
Wii
PC (Plays everything)

So I am hardly biased on one company or another, I mean for crying out loud I still own a working Dreamcast,not that anyone seems to know what they were, or still play them.

I have both a DS and a DSi.
First off, the cameras suck. they're worst than the cellphones'.
But you could go online with the faster web browser with partial java and flash support (no youtube).
The screen is awesome compared to the old one. You do not want to go back after you've played on that screen.
It doesn't have good compatibility for homebrew, though (dslinux).

I've been looking into it and it seems like the DS Lite is the DS to get. It's only $79 at gamestop.

And the DSi's camera is better then most cellphone cameras, although I still don't think it is worth the price increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom