Should I get a DSi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester070993

In Runtime
Ok so I have the very first DS that came out and I got it a few months after it came out. I lost alot of interest in it and I haven't even touched it for about a year now.
But I am now thinking about getting a nintendo DSi. This thing has caught my interest for many reasons including the 2 cameras, internet, and the download store.
Should I get a DSi?
For those of you have have one, how is it? What are your opinions on it? What are the pros and cons of it?
I have the 170 dollars for it, would it be a better idea to put the money towards something else?

It's up to you, the DS and the DSi have a some pretty decent differences, but personally, I think the DSi is a waste of money.

You can get an internet browser on your fat DS...
I wouldn't buy the DSi just for internet browser.
If i'm correct as well the DS would only work on certain types of networks.. you know with different types of security on them. But you can buy a game for the DS which you just put in .. and you got an internet browser. I think its something to do with opera.

It is the Opera Browser for the DS and DSi.

Opera Devices | Web Everywhere

But honestly i have used a DSi for about a hour. I have a slim DS myself. I prefer the DS. Unless you have many friends that you know have a DSi and play it constantly to use the friend features it has, it is useless.

Basically you have a camera on there to take pictures of yourself. The games dont look any better, the controls are the same as teh slim DS. So really unless you have friends that have a DSi, it isnt worth it.

Or don't let Nintendo get away with charging prices too high for there consoles which play pre-gen quality games, and buy a PSPGo ! :)

I mean an Xbox 360 is cheeper than a Wii is ridiculous. The 360 is superior in every single way.

I mean an Xbox 360 is cheeper than a Wii is ridiculous. The 360 is superior in every single way.
That is a opinion. If you go by just the hardware then yes. But some people still prefer the gameplay of the Wii over that of the 360.

Plus it is only 1 version of the 360 that is cheaper, the Arcade Bundle. Which doesnt really allow you to do much. It doesnt come with even a hard drive to connect to the Martketplace. So you would have to spend more than it would cost you to get a Wii to get it online and usable.

At least with the Wii you only need the console. Adding a SD Card is only a extra bonus.

So really you are spending more depending on what you want to do. If you just want the core console to play games on then yes you can get the XBOX 360 cheaper. But if you want to use any online content then you will be spending more. Since the HDD's will push it past the cost of buying a Wii.

Just a simple observation. Everyone has their own opinions on the console matter. ;)

i dont know if the arcade bundle has changed since i bought it last november, but mine did come with a 512mb memory card, so i was able to save a few games and play online (free xbl for 1 month too), however it did fill up really fast. i dont know if this program is still up, but m$ had an upgrade program where theyd send you a new 20gb hdd for $20 if you bought the arcade, so that was cool.

i would still just get the regular ds (slim one not fat one).

That is a opinion. If you go by just the hardware then yes. But some people still prefer the gameplay of the Wii over that of the 360.

Plus it is only 1 version of the 360 that is cheaper, the Arcade Bundle. Which doesnt really allow you to do much. It doesnt come with even a hard drive to connect to the Martketplace. So you would have to spend more than it would cost you to get a Wii to get it online and usable.

At least with the Wii you only need the console. Adding a SD Card is only a extra bonus.

So really you are spending more depending on what you want to do. If you just want the core console to play games on then yes you can get the XBOX 360 cheaper. But if you want to use any online content then you will be spending more. Since the HDD's will push it past the cost of buying a Wii.

Just a simple observation. Everyone has their own opinions on the console matter. ;)

In the UK the 360 Premium can be got for cheeper than the Wii. Yes i agree some of the games can be fun, but i don't think they should charge that much for such a low spec machine. And the 360 is superior in everyway, unless you like Nintendo games or exercise (Personally they are not in my vocabulary, especially when paired together!) The 360 is faster, it has better online, it is HD, it is cheeper, it has many more features, it has more games, it plays DVD's with it's DVD Drive. I am sorry but the Wii has a DVD drive that doesn't play DVD's, whoever came up with that excellent idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom