Revolution named....Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
childish name, Id be embarrased to ask my friends if they wanted to come over and play some "wii." I read on gamespot that that sound doesnt even exist in Japanese, at least thats what some industry analyst said, and I thought to myself, "Why would you creat a product then give it a name that your own people will struggle to pronounce?!"
just an overall odd decision. typical nintendo.

I cant imagine how they thought that that's a good idea. not at all. "F*** 'revolution' the world will love the Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!"

I've never been particularly fond of Nintendo consoles, but people need to start getting over little things like this. It is a name; it in no way effects the system or its performance. If it was named "Nintendo pile'o'crap" that shouldn't hinder it. To whomever said their confidence dropped, I just feel sorry for you because that stuff actually matters to you.

I've just become so pessimistic and cynical at the gaming community nowadays because of all of this crap.
Sorry for ranting, but I had to say my piece.

I'm not really a fan of Nintendo but I think it would sound better and make it more attractive if they kepted the name Nintendo Revolution instead of Nintendo Wii.

Josh

I believe that I read somewhere that the "i" represents the unique design of the console and the other "i" represents the unique gathering of people that the console will attract. Either way, yes, it may sound silly. However, if you look at the list of other names that they still have registered that were "strong posibilities" for the console...then you may have second thoughts. A couple were "G bean", "Bemo"....and the ALL TIME KICKER: "Chilipop". Oh yes.....Chilipop. Let's say that all together now shall we? Nintendo Chilipop... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom