Pokemon X & Y Nuzlocke Challenge

Rider, how's Pokemon X so far? I was wondering too if you knew of any major differences in regards to X/Y. I know that there's a handful of exclusives in each version, but I remember reading that in Black/White one had this major city to battle in while the other had this big forest to catch stuff in.

I'm getting toward the end of my new Fire Red nuzlocke. I have six badges right now and am heading to Cinnabar. I would like to take this moment to also remember my fallen brethren:

Blamblegam
(level 3, lost vs a wild Rattata)
images

Eldiore
(level 25, lost vs a Rapdiash in a tag battle)
133.PNG

Durgo
(level 34, lost vs a Hypno)
images

Doopidor
(level 38, lost vs a much weaker Raichu on a one-hit crit)
gyarados.jpg

Boswu
(level 30, lost vs a Fearow)
images

Caliel
(level 24, lost vs a Bulbasaur in a rematch battle)
images

Wamjam
(level 17, lost vs a Nidorino)
images

:ForeverAlone:

Last edited:
This seems interesting.

First attempt at it: Lost Bulbasaur to Gary's charmander right off the bat. Scratched with a critical hit, 12HP lost, no chance to use a potion....

This is going to take a while....... :(

This seems interesting.

First attempt at it: Lost Bulbasaur to Gary's charmander right off the bat. Scratched with a critical hit, 12HP lost, no chance to use a potion....

This is going to take a while....... :(

lol stick with it, it's a nice challenge and it's fun! The best part is using pokemon that you normally wouldn't consider in a main lineup. I still have my starter, but I'm also rolling with my rag-tag supporting cast of Pidgeot, Vileplume, Horsea, Diglett, and Arbok lol.

Last edited:
So I ended up getting a 3DS as a birthday gift and decided that I want to give that Pokemon X/Y blind Nuzlocke a go. Another thing that I would like to do, if possible, is livestream and/or record sessions somehow to post here for anyone interested.

Does anyone know of a way to do this without a capture card? From what I can tell, all 3DS captures are custom jobs starting at around $250 which I'm not looking to spend at the moment.

So I ended up getting a 3DS as a birthday gift and decided that I want to give that Pokemon X/Y blind Nuzlocke a go. Another thing that I would like to do, if possible, is livestream and/or record sessions somehow to post here for anyone interested.

Does anyone know of a way to do this without a capture card? From what I can tell, all 3DS captures are custom jobs starting at around $250 which I'm not looking to spend at the moment.

Oh sweet man. I barely played my copy of X since my IRL friends suck. If you haven't started this then I'd like to start my copy over again and do it with you.

Not sure about an easy way to capture it. Maybe get a decent webcam that can do 720p/1080p for $35-$50 and and a mount and so its just looking at the two screens. Curious how others have done it without spending big money.

Oh sweet man. I barely played my copy of X since my IRL friends suck. If you haven't started this then I'd like to start my copy over again and do it with you.

Not sure about an easy way to capture it. Maybe get a decent webcam that can do 720p/1080p for $35-$50 and and a mount and so its just looking at the two screens. Curious how others have done it without spending big money.

Yeah I'll have to look into that. I was gifted Pokemon Y with the 3DS so I'm excited to give the Nuzlocke a run. I doubt that X is much different, minus the legendary on the cover and a handful of exclusives, but it would be a nice compliment to be doing a Y Nuzlocke and having someone else do an X at the same time.

Yeah I'll have to look into that. I was gifted Pokemon Y with the 3DS so I'm excited to give the Nuzlocke a run. I doubt that X is much different, minus the legendary on the cover and a handful of exclusives, but it would be a nice compliment to be doing a Y Nuzlocke and having someone else do an X at the same time.

Word. And yea, only different should be pokemon. I'll look into some capture card stuff when I am home. Kinda curious myself. Maybe we could start a blog/youtube channel or something and both post to it.

Word. And yea, only different should be pokemon. I'll look into some capture card stuff when I am home. Kinda curious myself. Maybe we could start a blog/youtube channel or something and both post to it.

Hey if it's cost-reasonable I'd be all for it. Regardless, I'm definitely interested figuring out a way of sharing it somehow because that just makes it all the more entertaining and worthwhile.

Did my research and yeah there's two ways to do it:

1) Buy a $255 (3DS) / $690 (3DS XL) capture card

2) My suggestion in an earlier post about DIY.

Seen some videos of the $255 capture card in all its glory and its pretty awesome. If I ran blog/site/channel where I needed to feature video from the 3DS then it'd definitely be worth it.

I found a helpful video for option # 2 I'll link below. Not sure which phone you have but if you have a upscale android phone or a newish iphone then you could probably get away with it using a 3rd party app as the video mentions. Tripods and external lighting is fairly cheap and you could be up and running for probably $60 using your phone. I have an older camera (but good) I could use if I wanted.

I'm not really interested in doing video of it. Seems that the Capture Card is the way to go today and a lot of people shell out the $255.

I'm still down to do it though.

How To Record a Screen for Game reviews & App Demos etc. - YouTube

Did my research and yeah there's two ways to do it:

1) Buy a $255 (3DS) / $690 (3DS XL) capture card

2) My suggestion in an earlier post about DIY.

Seen some videos of the $255 capture card in all its glory and its pretty awesome. If I ran blog/site/channel where I needed to feature video from the 3DS then it'd definitely be worth it.

I found a helpful video for option # 2 I'll link below. Not sure which phone you have but if you have a upscale android phone or a newish iphone then you could probably get away with it using a 3rd party app as the video mentions. Tripods and external lighting is fairly cheap and you could be up and running for probably $60 using your phone. I have an older camera (but good) I could use if I wanted.

I'm not really interested in doing video of it. Seems that the Capture Card is the way to go today and a lot of people shell out the $255.

I'm still down to do it though.

How To Record a Screen for Game reviews & App Demos etc. - YouTube

Thanks for the info. I'm mainly concerned with documenting it, and videos are the most effective way to share and receive feedback with something like this. As I said, I was thinking along the lines of either a livestream or in the form of an edited video (show like 10-15 minutes worth of highlights from each session instead of something like hours of random level grinding).

I'll see what I can do about the phone/tripod setup because $700 for a 3DS XL capture card is a little ridiculous, even $250 despite the great quality, but if it the phone/app etc doesn't turn out to be decent quality itself I'd rather not bother. The next best thing that you would be a blog, or some type of write-up like you had also suggested.

Back
Top Bottom