Nintendo DS lite as Mp3 player..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
Lots of things on the net about this.. but uh.. anyone know PERSONALLY what works the best?

Iam hopin to play mp3 on my new ds lite (yay early x mas!) but kinda lost in all the advertising.

Id like to have it show pictures and movies too if i could, and support a rather large sd card, play DS games and the like...

heres the thing.. Do I need slot 1 (the DS size) or Slot 2 (GBA slot) for this? If I can just use the GBA that would be great- so I could plug in a normal game and play.

Iam . ... royally confused on all this.

heres 2 examples in case you have no idea.
supercard lite - micro sd (GBA slot)
supercard ds one (DS slot)

some lack info on what I need, but "lead" me to believe they will work.. etc..

Personally Id like a GBA card I can just leave in- play my DS games I have when I want to- and jump to the Supercard when i want music or whatever

All flash carts can run MoonShell, a very good MP3/OGG player that also does video. I have a Datel Games n' Music (slot-1), it's a pretty low quality device, but it runs MoonShell fine. If you want better, the R4, M3Simply, SuperCard One, etc will all run well. I would avoid Slot2 devices because you have to use a PassMe (slot-1 device that passes program execution to slot-2). The DS doesn't natively run DS code from the 2nd slot, so it requires a sort of hack to make it do so. However, I also have a GBA Movie Player V2 (upgraded with unofficial firmware) and with the modified firmware, it can run DS code from Slot-2, but I have to use my Games n' Music to boot it.

I have some videos about DS Homebrew on Youtube, you might want to check it out:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I have an R4 but the supply of them has been pretty low lately so I picked up a couple of EzFlashes for my friends. Personally I like the EzFlash better. Quicker startup and the moonshell interface as its main screen is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom