Nes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffsterLP

Baseband Member
Who here has an NES. Do you still play yours? I bought one about a month ago and it didn't work. i tried several things but still nothing. Took it back to the store and they tried it there but still nothing so I had to take it back. I still have hundreds of ROMs though so it's all good playing good old Super Mario.

With my friend's NES, you pretty much have to pick up the thing and throw it accross the room for it to work..lol. We are getting to an era where working NESs are hard to find, so your better off going with an emulator.

Or one of those gameboys that play the old NES series games, but I'll wait on those because they are expensive.

Theres a device that looks like a joypad that plugs into the AV sockets of a TV that has loads of NES roms built in. You would have seen them for Atari. The NES one used to be on the black market but now, think it's being rereleased with backing from nintendo along with an SNES version.

I dug my NES out the other week, but it's suffering from chronic blinkyitis.

The problem with most old NES systems is the 72 pin connector inside of it being old and dirty and the connectors chipping. Go on ebay and buy a 7 dollar connector, pop it in your nes and it works like brand new. My NES was dead for years up until a few years ago, now it runs better than ever and i still get too play my old favorites with NO BLINKING :D.

Carefully scribbling over each pin of the game pack slot can help too - just be careful not to overlap and end up making a connection between 2 pins.

i have an NES!!

bought it in . . . 1987!

it was actually my sister's birthday present, but she got tired of it . . .

i play it, but only once in a while (like 4-5 times a year)

there were some REALLY classic games . . .

super mario bros., paper boy . . .

NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD!

Dragon Warrior and Super Mario Bros 3 took up most of my time. I got Final Fantasy (the original!) but at that point there was only a 50/50 chance that the saved game wouldn't erase once I shut the console off. After about 3 times of restarting the game I finally got sick of it.
Anybody know where I can get a ROM or something? I still want to play Final Fantasy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom