Mario Kart on GC, no good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Masters

In Runtime
My friends just got Mario Kart on GC and I have to say it's no way near as good as the 64 version. I'm really disappointed. Anyone else played it?

I thought it was a great game. Playing with 2 people is awesome, one drives, the other handles the turbo, fighting, and items. Its awesome how you can do the coop. Although it is a great game it is very very challenging on the higher difficulty. Because there are two people in each cart that can hold items there are many more items on the track then you are used to form the 64 version which means you are constantly getting hit and blown up. I thought it was a great addition and new thing for the kart series. I love the game.

Mario Kart Double Dash is probably the best game I've ever rented. It's the racing equivalent of Halo, but on the Gamecube. At first the controls seem awkward and hard to use through the one player mode, since you control both characters. But once you get used to them, it's better than the 64 version by probably ten fold. Co-op mode is even better because you get to concentrate more on one job than anything else. A nice feature is that you can switch between driver and destroyer, and one of the best parts about that is that both players have to press Z simultaneously, which means no one person switching like crazy and ruining the whole experience. Another nice thing about co-op is that the screen isn't split, and there are plenty of shortcuts to try in each level. In addition to shortcuts, you'll find natural and enemy-placed hazards throughout. Easy to learn and hard to master, I'd give this title a solid 10/10 for all the immersive gameplay and nice unlockables, which include new tracks, carts, and characters, possibly even new modes.

I got it for Christmas, Its a very cool game. Its fst paced fun with your favorite Nintendo icons. Gotta love getting the three red shells special.

I have been wanting to get a gc but I didn't know if there was any good games for it. I wanted it mainly because of mario kart and how badass it was for the 64 I spent hours playing that game so I think I will go and buy them both now

i played it, it was fun...but, not nearly as addictive as the N64 game. or the ds game. o the ds game is insanely addictive:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom