Madden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
Wondered if any of you Wii owners purchased the new Madden 09 all play. I just got it this weekend. While i didn't expect a whole lot from the reviews of the new all play that i've read, the game has still dissapointed. Some of the small things they seemed to overlook.

Its like they didn't even try for the Wii except for adding the all play features. While i'm a hard core madden fan since like 03 for the ps2, i like the fact that they tried to make madden more family friendly.

Some of the things that just bug me are things like Madden still saying there are two types of facemask penalties (sorry i know anal), which in fact there is only a 15 yd one now. Also they did away w/ replays while you are picking a new play (kinda liked seeing how the last play unfolded). Graphics in fact look worse then the 06 ps2 one i have, or even the 08 for the Wii I rented a while back.

Any thoughts?:confused:

Now let me ask you. Have you downloaded the update? I know that EA said that they would release a update for the roster changes.

The rule thing is probably because they have had it in game for so long that they forgot to remove it.

I have Madden 07 for the Wii and i liked it much more than any version i played on the PS2. With the Wii at least you get to PLAY the game. You control the throw. You can control the catch. You control the kick. You dont have to button press to get a powerful kick. You have to swing your arm at the right time to get it. You can lob a pass or bullet it.

Of course the GFX arent going to be all that great. The Wii wasnt made for GFX. But even Maddon 07 was better than anything on the PS2.

I have not gotten 08 yet and i might not unless they release the XX collection on the Wii. That might be the last one i buy. I dont play much anymore and dont see the need to buy a new Madden every year for roster changes. I make trades in pre-season anyways to move players so i dont keep the roster.

But i have never thought that the Wii version was that bad. I have been playing Madden since it was around in the SNES/Genesis days. I still have a Madden from 94 or around there sitting around.

Maybe you just are to used to the gameplay on the PS2 and didnt give the Wii much chance yet. I know personally it took me at least 3 games to get fully used to the controls.

Ya i've finally got the controls down. Still working on calling audibles and making specific players do things (like play zone when they are in man coverage).

I played 07 also for the Wii, and this one SEEMS to have worse graphics. There are small things like the field doesn't look as good, the fans are no longer people, but blocks colored with the home teams colors. Honestly take a look at it, i might be taking crazy pills but i think it has gotten worse. And it is difficult to get used to the 'all play' feature. Nothing really different in GAME play, but the all play feature comes up every freaking time i score and tries to get me to dance. Then there are no refs, just cutouts of Mii's.

I haven't downloaded the update yet, as i tried to find where it was last night and couldn't.

Well i am not really that interested in getting it. I might rent it though. I am lucky if i get a game played liek once every 6 weeks.

IT does sound as if they put more into gameplay rather than anything else. The fans sound like they used to on 2001 and 2002 when it first came out for the PS2 and they didnt know how to code for it.

I would probably just turn off the all play feature. Just like i turned off the QB cam thing with 07. To me while great features also took a bit from the game. I am getting up there in age and my hand eye coordination isnt as good as it used to be. I cant be watching recievers and worring about if i have them selected or not...:p

The more I play it, the more it ****es me off.

You can't download roster updates. They've taken out the random stats that it used to show of players. Like after/before a run it would either show on screen their stats for the day, season, or career - nothing ever comes up. I think they call the 5 yd face mask and mark it as a 15 yd one. Meaning every game (5 min) there are about 5 penalties on average, 4 or more a game are 15 yd face masks, the other every once in a while is def pass interferance. So i'm thinking all of those face masks could possibly be of the 5 yd variety but the game recognizes them as a 15 yd. There is no sort button on the stats screens, so you can't sort the highlight column of stats. I'm sure i'll find more.... and again this isn't stuff i wish they'd add, because i understand you can only work with so much. This is stuff that was in maddeon 07 for ps2 that is supposedly a slower, less graphic generating system then the Wii (not by much but it is supposed to be). So they've taken stuff out - which is frustrating to me.

You can take the 'all play' off, but it has nothing to do with the stupid dancing. It is just a feature that simplifies the passing game so that it automatically will pass the ball to an open receiver for you (which i think is a good thing for new players).

Don't waster your money in renting it, i mean if you don't believe some of the stuff go spend the 5 dollars to rent it, but i understand not having time to play video games.

Man just stick with Tecmo Bowl on the VC! My friends and I are still playing it since I downloaded it. It's just too fun and hilarious. That and Blades of Steel!

Well i bought it to hold me over until i get a ps3. I was just extremely dissapointed in the presentation and gameplay.

Guess i just have to wait until next year when i can purchase a HDTV, then i'll get a ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom