Just got new Ds what should i get?wats r4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacknightthe3rd

Solid State Member
hey all,
just got a ds the other day what are the must have's for it??
someone was sayin i should get a r4 card r something 4 it?what is it?thanks

Phoenix Wright Series (including Apollo Justice)
Trauma Center (the sequel is coming out soon)
Elite Beat Agents
Advanced Wars Days of Ruin
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
The Legend of Zelda Phantom HourGlass

R4 is a card that you can illegally put downloaded DS games onto and play them. The company has been pretty much shut down by Nintendo as with many others. The only company that seems to haven't been affected is the maker of EZFlash which is essentially the same product.

As for games, gun already posted a few of the good ones but there is also:

Final Fantasy III
Mario Kart DS
Kirby Canvas Curse
and of course Pokemon

I like Zelda Phantom Hourglass, The new Super Mario, Mario64DS, Final Fantasy (Anything with these), Castlevania. Those are some great games.

I have

Nintendogs - awesome :)
New super Mario brothers - awesome
Pokemon dungeon - worst game ever
Pokemon ranger - got given to me and is half decent

Haven't played the other ones I've only played Diamond and Pearl and they're amazing as expected. Online play is great.

R4 is a card that you can illegally put downloaded DS games onto and play them. The company has been pretty much shut down by Nintendo as with many others. The only company that seems to haven't been affected is the maker of EZFlash which is essentially the same product.

dude wtf are you talking about? i bought one of these cards the other day. the website R4,R4DS-Revolution for DS-NDS,NDSL,CleanROM is still up and running and they are continuously updating it.

your posting this like its solid fact, but if you visit R4,R4DS-Revolution for DS-NDS,NDSL,CleanROM youll see no such thing of them being shutdown. you were wrong in such a spectacular fashion that it annoys me.

As for how good the R4 chip is, its absolutely superb, as long as you get decent roms. you simply sonnect a MicroSD card to the computer, and copy the Firmware onto it. then copy the .nds files (ROMs) onto it. then take the MicroSD card and slot it into the R4 DS cartridge. the put the R4 cartridge into the DS, select the game from the menu and play. everything is fully functional, including wireless internet and wireless connectivity.

you can get an R4 chip off of amazon for between £30 - 50, depending on the size of the MicroSD card which comes with it. just search for 'R4' on amazon.youll find that 1GB is sufficient for 10-15 medium sized games.

google for NDS roms as the roms themseleves are illegal, not the R4 chip, as the R4 only facilitates copyright infringment, doesnt break the law itself. this means im probably not allowed to post links to NDS sites here.

However, i DO suggest a certain "Mr. Torrence". if you see the name Trashman when searching for ROMs, he generally has good releases

Whoa whoa settle down man no need to get so nasty. I've ordered plenty of these for customers and they WERE shut down for a period of time. I had to turn to TT and EZFlash. I just didn't realize that they are back until now. Their site was always up I know that.

About 2 months ago you could not find an R4 anywhere except for the ones in local shops. Their factory had been closed and rumor was that Nintendo was the culprit. Obviously their factory is back up but it's moved locations. The R4 on sale now is different as the IC is bigger. This is because of the equipment they're working on and they're trying to fix the problem now.

No not at all I'm just trying to make sure that people who don't know anything about them know that it isn't just a card you pick up at your local Wal-Mart. It's okay man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom