Just got a Gamecube, what games to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, i get tired of halo, halo 3 was too much like part 2 to me, part 1 for the win

and i'm waiting on mgs4, gta4, and gt5.. and project origins, we all know the demo's shown were on ps3 ;)

and me being a gamer of 1080p... i'll have me a ps3 someday

The thread was on the subject of Gamecube games. I don't think this PS3/360 argument is strictly relevant to the thread or even the nintendo section of the forum, and may be better continued on an appropriate thread elsewhere. Brr! Harumph! Get off my lawn you pesky kids! etc etc.

As for Gamecube games, my favorites have been the following (and would recommend to anyone regardless of taste):

-Windwaker
-Twilight princess
-Paper Mario (this above all others prolly)
-Rogue Leader

Other suggestions (all really if you want 1p games):

-Eternal darkness (brilliantly thought out, but nonetheless an alone in the dark type horror, so not to everyones tastes)

-Metroids (much going back, requires much effort, but rewarding)

-Mario Sunshine (good but huge let down if you liked mario 64)

-Rebel Strike (I liked, not for everyone)

Multiplayer:

-smash bros (epic, but only if those playing all play it a lot)

-Mario parties (if you like that kind of thing, very slow going, but everyone can play)

-Warioware (manic but underdeveloped)

-Monkeyball 2 (awesome)

-Soul Calibre II - 2Player, makes up for the loss of Tekken on the PS, and the associated years that it washed away

Thats all I can think of for now.

Windwaker pwns alot
Soul Caliber 2 owns too arcade is better though
Resident evils
Mario party, get some friends and go wild.

The Wii does have better graphics than the GameCube (the GPU is 50% faster on the Wii, the CPU is also 300MHz or so faster), but the graphics aren't the real draw of the Wii (nonetheless, the graphics on quite a few Wii games are outstanding).

My favorite GameCube games:

-Super Smash Bros. Melee (a MUST HAVE game, especially for multplayer)
-Super Mario Sunshine (It was OK, but not as good as SM64)
-Mario Kart Double Dash (fun multiplayer racing game, but not as good as MKDS, which had more options)
-Sonic Adventure DX (I'm a Sonic fan, and I never had a Dreamcast. It's a fun adventure game)
-Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (port of SA2 from Dreamcast)
-Sonic Mega Collection (all the old Sega Genesis Sonic games on one disc)
-Luigi's Mansion (fun adventure/survival game with a Mario twist)

I also have an SD Media Launcher by Datel. It lets you boot homebrew games on your console. I use it to play SNES, GB, Genesis, etc games on the GameCube as well as copy memory card saves to and from the PC.

ah yes, sonic adventures were all fun!!!! smash bro's melee is definitely a must have no doubt... mariokart double dash.. uhhh, man i think everyone named everything...

Thanks guys for your replies. I will get sonic games and supermario, I remember sonic on the segagenisis it was fun. When I bought my gamecube it came with paper mario, but so far I don't like the battles ha ha ha, you hit and then wait for the other guy to hit you :)

yeah the battles actually get quite fun - although I agree that concept is annoying (a la Final Fantasy).

Basically, when you get hit, you can 'block' or 'superblock' to reduce damage or even damage the attacker.

Likewise, when you attack, you can boost your attack by pressing buttons at the right time.

An added bonus is 'stylish moves' which don't increase damage, but allow to use specials more often, again by pressing A at the right time.

Well anyway, you'll get to all of this later, but I find it becomes more interesting as the subtleties start to become more obvious, and you get a wider range of skills etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom