IGN built the Wii2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably a bit late for them to care about graphics. They chose their market, which was gimmicks and movement. The Wii is BARELY better than the Gamecube in terms of graphic power last I read.

Microsoft/Sony have the hardcore gamer market and always will. I think it's a waste for Nintendo to try at this point to change that. Unless their new console is priced incredibly well and is significantly better than an Xbox360/PS3. I just think it's a waste for them to release a console like this until the next wave of consoles comes out.

We Built Nintendo's Project Cafe - Gear Feature at IGN

Idk, I'd say this will be significantly better than the ps3 and 360 if it has double the ram, and the gpu is similar to a 4850 1GB. Isn't the 360's gpu similar to a 7900GX? It probably won't be a huge difference though if all the extra gpu power is used for is to make games 1080p which is likely. It would be a significant boost if the games stayed 720p.

I always thought the xbox 360 GPU was similar to that of an x1300 or something along those lines. Doesn't take an uber high powered GPU to display 1080p considering most standard monitors on a computer are higher resolution than that.
The 360 is ATI and comparable to that of an X1800, the PS3 is Nvidia and comparable to that of a 7900GT.

If the Wii2 is comparable to that of a 4850, then I'd say that is a considerate upgrade from what it is now.

I am interested to see what they do with the Wii2. I don't think that too many people will buy the new one. There doesn't seem like there will be that much different from the original Wii.

the wii 2? wow... should be about as good as the ps2 is u ask me.. haha take a look at the cartoon graphics alone- what good games are out for wii compared to xbox n ps3? i hate xbox but i have to admit even that trumps wii 1, so i dont have hi hopes for wii 2

the wii 2? wow... should be about as good as the ps2 is u ask me.. haha take a look at the cartoon graphics alone- what good games are out for wii compared to xbox n ps3? i hate xbox but i have to admit even that trumps wii 1, so i dont have hi hopes for wii 2
The consoles target difference audiences, so it gets the job done quite nicely and the Wii 2 should too.

People ignorantly say that the Wii U (it's not Wii 2 anymore, people) won't be noticeably better than the 360 and PS3, only because of their prejudice. No one who talks that way has a fair and informed perspective; they are only saying that from their disappointment with the original Wii's graphics. The Wii U will be using modern hardware vs. the 360 & PS3's 6 year old hardware. It will have the capability of blowing the old consoles out of the water. We'll just have to see if the devs do the hardware justice. If the next gen Xbox and Playstation come out only one year later, I highly doubt if they'll be able to put the Wii U to shame. Support for 3D TVs is the only update I can imagine that they might have.

I'll be buying a Wii U when it comes out because it will be better than any other current system, and because I'll be able to play Zelda on it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom