Final Fantasy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
VII for me. VIII not so much. It was alright but it just didn't have the insane story VII did. No idea what they were smoking when they came up with that story but it was something good.

I actually prefer Squall and the Gunblade more than Cloud for the longest time. It wasnt till i went back and played VII again right before the Advent Children movie that i feel in love with it more than VIII.

To me i liked the interactive part of VIII where you could control the critical hits with a simple trigger press. Plus the Summons were wicked.

I never played the later ones much, I got maybe 1/3 of the way through VII when I bought it for the PC but it made it's way into the pile of half-completed games I have. FF3(6) I can't remember if I completed or not, probably not. I couldn't afford to actually buy and play most of these games as a kid because I had to finance my own video games. DW was only like $5 used but I had to wait forever to buy Final Fantasy and I think it was still like $20. Playing any of the sequels was out of the question, the games cost too much for a little kid like me to buy.

The only reason i got them, was because i did work back then. Even as a young kid. I moved boxes for my mom's work till the age of 14 when i went to work for them off the books and got paid nicely for it.

The box moving thing was $5 a box and we ended up moving a whole years worth of boxes. Between the 5 of us we would walk out of that job with like $300 a piece. Tax free. Yeah. That is how i funded my Video Game habit.

If it wasnt for that i wouldnt have gotten many games. I wouldnt have had my SNES. The memories...

Yeah so do i. Which is why i still have them. Just loaded up Breath of Fire II the other day. Loved that series as well.

Gonna load up Final Fantasy III since i played FFII not long ago on my DS.

my favorite ff game ever was number 10, i havent even finished it yet lol. ive got 7 but im stuck in the northern caverns about to fight sephiroth for the last time, then ive finished ff7 crysis core, and i have ff3 for ds which i have yet to start. but 10 is still my favorite of all.

FFX was alright. Didnt take me anywhere near as long as it did to complete X as it did VII. To get every item and fight every enemy in VII took me roughly 97 game play hours.

X took me just under 25 hours to get teh best weapons, beat all enemies and win the Blitzball Tourney.

I liked X, it had some interesting innovations. I actually sorta liked the sphere leveling system, it was pretty sweet to be able to get everyone else's stuff. Also, some of the hidden stuff was cool, like the ranch fighter thing, with stuff that was much harder to beat than the last boss. That made the game for me...and the in depth story line wasn't terrible.

But I'm with Mak, VII/VIII all the way for me. Those along with III are my favorites.

EDIT: Poizen, FF3 for DS is nowhere near the same as the original FF3 for SNES. I got excited about it when I saw it then got sorely disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom