Final Fantasy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
This was a game that bordered on obsession for me as a kid but one that I never got more than halfway through between getting saved games erased and time constraints. So, with more time on my hands lately, I turned to playing this old classic again and am totally sucked in. Anybody else ever rock this NES classic? Talk about a blast from the past! I'm just trying to track down my old Nintendo Power strategy guide for it.

That game wasnt near impossible. I started a brand new game and got every item, beat every creature including WarMech and maxed out my level in 4 days.

That was obsession.

I think the game that bordered on obsession for me wasn't the first one, but FF3 for SNES (or 6 for PSX, whatever). But my cartridge is all kinds of freaked and sometimes it erases my saved game. :[ I think I've been trying to beat it for about 7 years with the bum cartridge. THAT'S obsession. :p

To be honest, I personally didn't really like the older FF games mainly because of the lack of story/character development. I kinda felt more connected to FF3 in that sense. I remember that was why I wasn't a huge fan of the old Dragon Quest games either. It didn't feel to me that there was any direction.

One game I want to beat since I never got a chance to is the first Zelda though. Never had an NES, I was a Master System/Genesis kid, lol.

Dragon Warrior was my obsession on NES, definitely. Beating it was probably one of the sweetest moments of my young life. Almost constant grinding and levelling, though. You don't see that much any more.

Nope, and it's too bad because I love constant leveling, haha. When I'm really into a game, I'll just run around leveling to pwn everything. The only game where it was a little hard to do that with was Evolution for the DC...monsters and bosses kinda leveled up with you, lol. That was really annoying.

I got DW for free. :p During one of those many promotions. Get a subscription to Nintendo Power get DW. I had all 4 of them for the NES. Beat them all as well. I played a lot of RPG games when i was younger. Always had a fix with them.

Final II and III were good. I like the Cecil and Terra story lines. But i wont lie....Cloud and Squall had my heart. Still love VII and VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom