Family multiplayer game recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Howdy, as it states, need some feedback on a game for the family for x-mas. I think I've narrowed it down to:

Mario Galaxy:
Future Shop: Gaming: Nintendo Wii: Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Wii)

LEGO Batman:
Future Shop: Gaming: Nintendo Wii: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (Nintendo Wii)

De Blob:
Future Shop: Gaming: Nintendo Wii: De Blob (Nintendo Wii)

Now here is what I want from the game:
- Multiplayer, atleast 2p at a time, co-op would be ideal.
- Relatively easy to play(my son is 4 years old and is competent with the remote but can't read menus or stuff like that) but challenging enough that my wife and I will have with it.
- Family friendly, no gore and minimal violence, obviously a E for everyone game
- NO MINI GAMES! I'm tired of minigames, want a real game with a story that will take time to beat.

Questions:
1) Batman looks like fun I've never played the LEGO games but I hear good things about them. I just think it might be too tough for my boy, has anyone tried it? In two player co-op mode can one player do all the puzzles while the second guy just hacks and slashes? Essentially can he tag along while I play the game?

2) Mario Galaxy has awesome reviews but a couple of people have told me that the second player options isn't that great and is actually boring for the second person pretty quickly.

3) What's De Blob like? Anyone try it? What is the multiplayer mode like?

4) Any other recommendations that meet these criteria?

Thanks,

Of those choices Mario Galaxy just because it's such a good game. However if you don't already have Mario Kart Wii you should pick that up. One of the best online systems I've seen on any racing game and up to 4 players of course.

Are there any other good games to recommend? I got Wii Fit and it's okay but we need something more "challenging".

Mario Galaxy Is A Super Great Game But The Multiplayer Part Isnt Interesting For Player 2 Beacause There Isnt Much You Can Do. Its A Bit Quick To Get Through But It Takes Time Get Everything. As For Ideas Fo Multiplayer Games Sonic And Mario At The Olympic Games , Mario Kart Wii And Super Smash Brothers Brawl Are All Really Great Games I Have Played Them All Alt And I Havent Got Tired Of Them Yet

We have Wii Sport, which includes tennis. We also have Mario Party 8 and that seems to be a hit for playdates. I got Wii Ski that was bundled with Wii Fit and if it only plays with the controllers and not the board, then it truly sucks.

I really suggest Mario Kart Wii for anybody. They really designed the new one well. I'll come up with a list of games if I have time tomorrow. Going out tonight.

thanks guys, we have mario kart and mario party...now we'll have mario galaxy as well. I was kind of hoping to get away from the mario trend, something different but ah well.

I'll take more recommendations if people have them...again multiplayer is a must, and coop multiplayer is the most desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom