The DSi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know the part about firmware upgrades as well. Pretty much eliminates the use of any DS card if Nintendo makes the updates required.

I still play on the first-gen DS. Yes, one of them ugly grey ones!

What does Nintendo think they are doing?!? Now they are just screwing the portable gaming market! Who needs a stupid little camera on their DS when I could carry a digital camera as well or a camphone?!?

You look at all of this and the lack of decent Wii titles and you wonder if Nintendo is going to suffer the same fate as Sega did... Producing consoles with NADA in it and lagging behind in terms of technology.

Well, there's no way out for Nintendo now, because the DSi is already selling in Japan. :(

...*******es...

screwing? They are winning the market tremendously compared to Sony's PSP! Most sold over any handheld system and console combined! You fail to miss the other features of this new revision. This revision of the DS provides AAC support, which is far superior to MP3 in everyway n will one day replace MP3 entirely, support for SD(HC?) cards for downloadable content, music, pics, saved files, etc. Slightly smaller then the DS Lite, slightly bigger screens then the DS Lite, 256MB internal flash memory, built-in Opera web browser, finally support for Wireless-G, which case DS Lite only supported up to wireless-B. As for the cameras, they can be used if u want to use them, get a grip! It's just a new unique idea that can give developers unique gameplay while using it. The Wii remote is genius idea, so why cant those cameras be?

dont gripp about the tech, because it isnt always about tech but by how much effort, design, and creativity that separates from just the look of a game in graphics!

u seem to miss the point of what Nintendo is trying to do compared to Sony and Microsoft do. They are not trying to do what Sony and Microsoft do; investing into better tech, copy each other's features and games including ports just to get the consumer's money.

Nintendo is doing a clever job, though not every hardcore gamer considers the Wii to be "hardcore", it's still a cool console that has it's advantages and disadvantages with it's competitors, PS3 and Xbox 360, and they have their advantages and disadvantages too (it's not always about higher resolution and graphics!). Nintendo Wii already surpasses PS3 and Xbox 360's software library already, and yes most is shovelware and that is Nintendo's fault for letting those games on their system but hey it's called business and Nintendo realize this and facepalm at third parties, and Reggie pretty much already realizes this in this article a while back:

IGN: Reggie: Third-Parties Still Don't Get It

Nintendo does lack some third party support for the moment and i dont blame them, blame the third party developers, not Nintendo! Everyone wants to use the latest tech and tools when it isnt all about the graphics but gameplay mixed with much innovation of the Wii Remote; that is if third parties actually utilize the Wii remote in unique ideas in which case hardly any of them are.......yet. It's always best to go for first party games then third party on the DS and Wii, that simple.

Wii and DS has hardcore games, just not as much as PS3, PSP, and Xbox 360, u just have to pin-point out which ones are shovelwares and which ones are hardcore; bigger and better hardcore games are coming out every year so be patient about the Wii and DS or get rid of the systems. Should of been smart enough to research about current titles and upcoming title for the Wii and DS before purchasing any of them, and also realize that Nintendo is not as kiddie as it may seem, it's about the experience that u get from the games that u play (hardcore games that is) and that Nintendo's different approach is a smart one. It's new that not everyone is comfortable with.

innovation, creativity, and gameplay > graphics and resolution. Period.

I have the DS Lite and that's all i need. DSI seems pointless to me, also the DS Lite has a long battery life as it is in my opinion.

I'm getting tired of the DS.

Companies are coming up with the most stupid random games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom