Crysis for the Wii..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone here likes the Wii, please for the love of God, hang your self.
I will go one step farther and actually offer you the rope.
By the way once again, I m not just a hater, cause I have the Wii, and its a waste of 250$ (which could have gone to a new Geforce 8800 instead).

I don't know what you're talking about because my Wii has been plenty of fun. Super Mario Galaxy is an incredible game, Metroid Prime 3 has the best console FPS controls ever (the other FPSs for Wii are pretty lame, dunno why companies can't copy Nintendo), and I can't think of any game better than Brawl coming out soon. My friends and I still play Wii sports, not because the Wii has like less than 5 good titles out, but because it's just fun. Have you tried any of the good games for the Wii? Or do you just have lame ******** like Wario Ware and Call of Duty (again, the game is okay on CoD, but controls are meh).

I don't know what you're talking about because my Wii has been plenty of fun. Super Mario Galaxy is an incredible game, Metroid Prime 3 has the best console FPS controls ever (the other FPSs for Wii are pretty lame, dunno why companies can't copy Nintendo), and I can't think of any game better than Brawl coming out soon. My friends and I still play Wii sports, not because the Wii has like less than 5 good titles out, but because it's just fun. Have you tried any of the good games for the Wii? Or do you just have lame ******** like Wario Ware and Call of Duty (again, the game is okay on CoD, but controls are meh).

Actually I do have two of its only good titles at the moment. Zelda (name escapes me) and Super Mario Galaxy. My brothers love it, but honestly I see them as worthless.

If anyone here likes the Wii, please for the love of God, hang your self.
I will go one step farther and actually offer you the rope.
By the way once again, I m not just a hater, cause I have the Wii, and its a waste of 250$ (which could have gone to a new Geforce 8800 instead).

You Sir are worse than Hitler!

I have a lot of hatred towards the Wii as well. It's been out for so long now and it only has two decent games? Bull... The controls are a gimmick and a half wrapped around almost decade-old technology.

The only reason its doing so well is because of basic economic principles, it's a cheaper alternative, it's like the Hyundai of consoles. When kids tell their parents they want a PS3 or 360, the parents see the Wii for much cheaper and just get them that, thinking it's the same thing... and nowadays most Nintendo fans are Miyamoto-loving Wapanese emos or pre-pubesant, Pokeman-****-in-pants kids, END OF STORY! :p

I have a lot of hatred towards the Wii as well. It's been out for so long now and it only has two decent games? Bull... The controls are a gimmick and a half wrapped around almost decade-old technology.

The only reason its doing so well is because of basic economic principles, it's a cheaper alternative, it's like the Hyundai of consoles. When kids tell their parents they want a PS3 or 360, the parents see the Wii for much cheaper and just get them that, thinking it's the same thing... and nowadays most Nintendo fans are Miyamoto-loving Wapanese emos or pre-pubesant, Pokeman-****-in-pants kids, END OF STORY! :p

right on the nail, this one made me giggle

Merkwürdigliebe;1305685 said:

Biggest load of ******** I've seen...except maybe the two decent games. Maybe like four or five...

The controls are great if the game doesn't turn it into a gimmick. Galaxy, for example, only uses the motion sensors to collect star bits which would be far too annoying to run around and get individually and shoot them or to surf on a manatee or some animal like that. It's also used to attack with a little shake. Now, Nintendo could have made it so you move Mario with the motion detection or something, but the dev team knew that would be retarded. They stuck with traditional analog control but added a little spice and it works superb. Now games like Wario Ware which is full of annoying crap does make the controls seem like a waste of time. When done right, however, the controls are great.

Another example of doing things right is Metroid vs all other Wii FPS. Red Steel had less than stellar controls imo and is a waste of money, but Metroid Prime 3 nailed them. Fast aiming and precision, the only thing that makes it less than a mouse and keyboard is the lack of ultra high DPI (not like you need a lot of precision in metroid though) and slow turning, though its still better at FPS than a 360 or PS3.

And while the price point does help sales, there are other reasons the Wii is outshining other consoles. Some people thought the Wii was innovative and bought it because of that, then they could have been either generally pleased if they bought good games with open minds or be disappointed because of the lack of buckets of blood and gore that fill every Xbox shooter (perhaps you could get your fix from No More Heroes? reviews have been good) or because they buy horrible games. Or they might have bought it because the Wii is the only way to get some of the best gaming series ever created like Super Smash Bros or Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom