Analysts Predict HD capable Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
That said, there's considerable room for improvement – and Nintendo might be able to capitalize on it. Some analysts are expecting that a HD-capable Wii is on the way, due to customer demand. Not in the short term, but a few years down the road:

“Consumers may hope for improved graphics, and my guess is that Nintendo will comply. In two or three years, commodity prices for graphics processors and CPUs may decline to the point that a high-definition Wii could be introduced. If so, Nintendo will likely introduce one,”

Source

i dont think it will be the wii, if anything i think itl be a new console with beter gfx and backwards compatability for the wii, with the same controle scheme.

Hopefully if they do come out with a next-gen system (well duh, they will) and it's backward's compatible with Wii and Cube games, that it will render the older titles in HD. It's possible, at least to render the 3d parts, because if GameCube emulators on PC can run at 1280x1024 (slowly), next-gen hardware should be able to pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom