3DSXL Weak Volume

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Anybody else think this? I use strictly headphones since the speakers are smaller than the 3DS. I've tried some buds that came with the starter pack, some JVC cans, and even line in with my PC. Max volume just seems ridiculously low, and yes I have it set to stereo.

Anybody else think this? I use strictly headphones since the speakers are smaller than the 3DS. I've tried some buds that came with the starter pack, some JVC cans, and even line in with my PC. Max volume just seems ridiculously low, and yes I have it set to stereo.

Most people have that issue, also depends on which game you are playing.
My 3ds original volume isn't as loud like it use to be.
Mario kart 7, Project X zone, super mario 3d land, the volume kicks up at times.
Don't know if you play your 3ds in pubic, but depending on the noise level, sometimes you wont hear jack at all.

If its still too low after running some games, call up nintendo for rma support and tell them one of speaker chips is weakening.

Try setting your sound on surround put the volume lever at 40% "midway", put lcd light on medium and power saver mode.
Whenever I do this, my volumes sound much better even if I forget its in sleep mode for 48 hours. :p
Still sounds good.

Last edited:
Only games I'm playing are Zelda A Link Between Worlds and just started a new game on FF IV. I use headphones, and yes it does seem to be a common issue. Setting it to stereo increases volume but I'm guessing there is a limiter set in place for protection purposes.

Only games I'm playing are Zelda A Link Between Worlds and just started a new game on FF IV. I use headphones, and yes it does seem to be a common issue. Setting it to stereo increases volume but I'm guessing there is a limiter set in place for protection purposes.

Check your inbox, I sent you a link for more information.

Later.

I wouldn't recommend putting a 3DS in your pants at all :lol: :p

Why is that carnage, do you sit on your 3ds while its in your pants ?
Everywhere I go my 3ds is in my sidepocket, never once had it break like that or shatter.
Hell I even forget its in my work pants or jeans and nothing happens to it.

Why is that carnage, do you sit on your 3ds while its in your pants ?
Everywhere I go my 3ds is in my sidepocket, never once had it break like that or shatter.
Hell I even forget its in my work pants or jeans and nothing happens to it.

Not sure if you just didn't get my joke and you're being serious, or if you're joking back...

You said "Don't know if you play your 3ds in pubic" (note the bold); I was just making a joke because you meant to say public, not pubic, which is why I made the pants joke, assuming on the basis of the joke the 3DS would be in your underwear, not your pockets ;).

Not as funny when I have to explain it :p.

Also, I don't own a 3DS.

Not sure if you just didn't get my joke and you're being serious, or if you're joking back...

You said "Don't know if you play your 3ds in pubic" (note the bold); I was just making a joke because you meant to say public, not pubic, which is why I made the pants joke, assuming on the basis of the joke the 3DS would be in your underwear, not your pockets ;).

Not as funny when I have to explain it :p.

Also, I don't own a 3DS.
I'm not gonna lie, I didn't catch that either.

Back
Top Bottom