3DS Nerf Case

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Anybody have experience with these? I'm not a handheld person at all and they feel so solid when I hold one. I want to protect my Zelda 3DSXL from my girlfriends 5 year old so he can play it. Thing is, I've heard it can leave scratches on the unit. What's the dealio?

Anybody have experience with these? I'm not a handheld person at all and they feel so solid when I hold one. I want to protect my Zelda 3DSXL from my girlfriends 5 year old so he can play it. Thing is, I've heard it can leave scratches on the unit. What's the dealio?

I had one of these for my DS Lite a few years ago. The 3DS version seems to be about the same thing.

It makes my DS Lite super bulky and didn't protect it when it got dropped by my niece. Broken the screen anyways. I don't recall it scratches the DS Lite.

Really, the screen still broke? It's probably the most robust casing they make for these things. I don't mind it being bulky, but hmmm if it'll still break it makes it pointless.

Really, the screen still broke? It's probably the most robust casing they make for these things. I don't mind it being bulky, but hmmm if it'll still break it makes it pointless.

Yep still broke. It was closed when she dropped it so I was pretty surprised that the screen cracked and broke from a fall of about 3ft.

Nintendo fixed it for free though.

I had one of these on the DS Lite my kid had. It did work. As stated it was bulky for smaller hands. But it never did break. Even when dropped. I think the situation above is cause it was already closed that it popped open when dropped, then slammed shut again causing the screen to break. Then again I could be wrong. My 6 year old didnt break her DS with the Nerf skin on it and I didnt notice any scratches on it either. It was just old and the R and L buttons stopped working. We got her a new DS Lite after that one broke and she hasnt needed it since. She now has a working DS Lite and 2DS. The 2DS doesnt even have a case and she is able to take care of it.

Greasy hands you wont get around with the Nerf case. That is something that would require shrink wrap. ;)

But the Nerf will protect the outside. It just snaps on. I can see where people would say it causes scratches as it is a solid piece of plastic covering the unit where the Nerf is glued to. So it could happen.

I had one of these on the DS Lite my kid had. It did work. As stated it was bulky for smaller hands. But it never did break. Even when dropped. I think the situation above is cause it was already closed that it popped open when dropped, then slammed shut again causing the screen to break. Then again I could be wrong. My 6 year old didnt break her DS with the Nerf skin on it and I didnt notice any scratches on it either. It was just old and the R and L buttons stopped working. We got her a new DS Lite after that one broke and she hasnt needed it since. She now has a working DS Lite and 2DS. The 2DS doesnt even have a case and she is able to take care of it.

Greasy hands you wont get around with the Nerf case. That is something that would require shrink wrap. ;)

But the Nerf will protect the outside. It just snaps on. I can see where people would say it causes scratches as it is a solid piece of plastic covering the unit where the Nerf is glued to. So it could happen.
If it completely covers the outside then the majority of greasy kid hands won't touch it. I wound up just letting him play with it after washing his hands and he decided he liked his 2DS better anyways.

So instead I bought a starter kit for the car charger and carrying case, screen protectors, ect. Was on sale for 10 bucks.

Well glad he decided he wanted to use the 2DS instead. After all the only major difference between them is the ability to use 3D. Not taking screen size into account as you have the XL version. But from 2DS to 3DS the 3D is only difference. That is why i oped for the 2DS instead of a 3DS.

Back
Top Bottom