3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to get one, but the only game I know that I would play is the Zelda Ocarina Of Time remake, after that I have no idea what I would play. It seems Nintendo has been making games for younger people that wouldn't interest me. However with the new joystick I bet we could see some decent FPS games.

Does anyone know if Nintendo is going to do what consoles are doing with old NES, SNES, and N64 games but with old GB, GBC, and GBA games? If I could get a 3DS and play Ocarina of Time and Pokémon I'd be satisfied.

That was what I asked myself when the original DS was released. Then I found myself playing so many of the games. There's an excellent library for the DS now and I'm sure the 3DS will be just the same.

The 3DS looks fairly cool but I'd only get one if they doubled the battery life - with wifi off, brightness at minimum and no 3D, it still only gets 4.5 hours, compared to 10+ hours on my DS Lite

Not particularly fussed about the 3DS but I would quite like to update my original "fat" DS with one of the other newer models.

Why would you want to do that? That's would be like replacing an 8800GT with a 9800GT. You aren't really getting much more for your money. You already have a DS, if you're going to upgrade, at least get some type of performance increase.

If I had a DS Fat then I'd be happy to replace it with a DS Lite, since all I'd want would be a better screen and lighter base, and it would be more expensive to get a DSi or 3DS, just to get more features/performance that I'm not going to want or make use (especially considering that the 3DS' emulation of DS games isn't perfect).

I have used the device. It really isnt all that great. I dont see what the fuss is over. The 3D without glasses is decent, but you basically feel like your drunk and looking through a coke bottle at the screen.

The other people i work with who tried the demo all ranted and raved. But for me spending $250 on a device that really isnt that great is not worth it. I would rather put that money toward a high end video card than a device that i will play like 3 games on and have it collect dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom