Is XBOX worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you ever played halo? play it at the store, then buy an xbox, u will be sooooooooo glad u did, i have both and i love my ps2, but the xbox rules my ps2, i only have ps2 for final fantasys and megaman, lol if xbox could get those 2 series' id sell my ps2, plus xbox is more for multiplayer, and you dont have to buy all he add-ons (ethernet adapter, hdd, multitap, etc.) so you end up saving money

FrankF said:
I'm thinking of buying it, but i dunno
He didn't say he was choosing between xBox and PS2. He's indecisive about buying the xBox.

IMO, if you're choosing between the two, the decision will lie upon what you want out of the gaming system. If you're undecided on whether xBox is worth buying, I think it's been worth it!

Dave :D

I've got both X-Box and PS2, and as much as I like both systems, I pretty much retired the PS2.

Both systems are getting better and better games, and even though people use the "X-Box = PC" argument, I still like both systems.

In the end, I would say the X-Box is definitely worth it. (replace the dashboard with evox, and it'll definitely be worth it :D)

Just get an xbox... there is HALO and HALO 2 is coming out this November which OWNS EVERYTHING EVER MADE.

Xbox is finally getting good games besides Halo and Morrowing. I got mine for $150 and it's great. I rarely touch PS2 and GameCube anymore...except for PS2 GTA:VC but even then PS2's tech isn't state of the art anymore and it shows at times. At least Sony proved Linux can do gaming.

ps2 may have the games but XBOX will soon catch-up and with the super low price XBox is the only way to go!!

Xbox. It's a no-brainer. Just look at the games set to release in the next few months. Not to mention ps2 may have its share of good games but the best games on ps2 can't come close to the best games on Xbox such as Halo, Ninja Gaiden.
The hardware is superior
The company is finacially superior(which means lots of nice games to come :) )
Ps2 controller feels awful while xbox controller is nice and comfy. At least this is the opinion of myself and other adults/teens. It may differ for an 8 year old with hands small enough to make the ps2 controller comfortable.
A chipped xbox has SO much more capability than a ps2 with homebrew games, media players, and ability to play backups off of the hdd. And let me ask you this, Can your ps2 double as every game system ever made before the dreamcast(emulators)? Didn't think so.

Currently I see more games coming out for ps2 than for xbox, yet I see a much greater percentage of xbox releases getting excellent reviews/scores while ps2 games do OK by review.

Regarding the games, quality not quantity, is perhaps something you should consider.

Xbox.

Retro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom