Is XBOX worth it? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Gaming > Microsoft XBox
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thumbs up Is XBOX worth it?

I'm thinking of buying it, but i dunno

Old 04-10-2003, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Take my advice, join the rest of us and get a PS2, you will thank me for this. Trust me.

Old 04-10-2003, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Yes I agree once again. While XBOX is superior in hardware, it simply can't as of yet compete with the shear number of games the PS2 offers.

-Shroud, CCNA, MCP

Old 04-10-2003, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Hey Shroud, it looks like we are agreeing buddies or something. Hehe. We always agree with everything.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Default 2nd opinion

While the PS2 may have a larger library it has met its peak performance capbilities already, and is 3rd as far as graphic pushing power. While the Xbox and Gamecube have not yet pushed their full potential yet, and with Bill Gates willing to spend whatever it takes to make Xbox a success the next year is going to be a great one for all Xbox owners because they are the ones who can play all the legacy systems emulation, movie files, mp3s, homebrew games and all the advantages of the Vivendi Universal Interactive buyout as well as the buyout of Nintendo's RARE division are going to give Microsoft an edge. The upcoming XBOX line-up for this year is a strong one. So the question is what would you rather play, The next inovation in video games or Jax and Daxter 2. What the majority of people don't realize is that Bill Gates loses $100 for each Xbox sold and when the price drops to $150 next month that lose is gonna go up. But to Microsoft that doesn't matter they still hold the number 2 position in the video game share market. And they also have the huge push from a multi-multi- billion dollar company.

P.S. For all you chumps with a PS2 Hard-on get a real machine.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Re: 2nd opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by Ouji-Vegito
While the PS2 may have a larger library it has met its peak performance capbilities already, and is 3rd as far as graphic pushing power. While the Xbox and Gamecube have not yet pushed their full potential yet, and with Bill Gates willing to spend whatever it takes to make Xbox a success the next year is going to be a great one for all Xbox owners because they are the ones who can play all the legacy systems emulation, movie files, mp3s, homebrew games and all the advantages of the Vivendi Universal Interactive buyout as well as the buyout of Nintendo's RARE division are going to give Microsoft an edge. The upcoming XBOX line-up for this year is a strong one. So the question is what would you rather play, The next inovation in video games or Jax and Daxter 2. What the majority of people don't realize is that Bill Gates loses $100 for each Xbox sold and when the price drops to $150 next month that lose is gonna go up. But to Microsoft that doesn't matter they still hold the number 2 position in the video game share market. And they also have the huge push from a multi-multi- billion dollar company.

P.S. For all you chumps with a PS2 Hard-on get a real machine.
As was stated earlier XBOX is clearly superior in hardware, and with the backing of a huge monopoly as Microsoft the XBOX can't help but pull out in front given some time.

Until Microsoft contracts with more game companies it will never be able to compete completely because it is not just the system specs that makes a great gaming system it is the variety of games that can be played on it as well.

Now if the XBOX does indeed fall to $150, I might buy it.

-Shroud, CCNA, MCP

Old 04-12-2003, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Ya, me too, I might buy it. But why pay 200 bucks for a powerful machine when you cant use it because there are few good games.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Techie

My thoughts exactly Randy.

-Shroud, CCNA, MCP

Old 04-25-2003, 06:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

do what i did........if not sure get them both..
Old 04-26-2003, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Techie

Yeah but that is still alot of money for most of us.

-Shroud, CCNA, MCP

Closed Thread