Xbox+ tv problem help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very strange problem,
i sent of my xbox 360 to get it fixed (3 red lights which is hardware faliure) and the motherboard was replaced.
now when i turn my console on the centre light will come on but no controllers will be recognised and the xbox will not boot up until my tv is on....
any help would be cool just a strange problem i have
thanks ryan

The Xbox still boots up when your TV is off. You just won't notice it until you turn the TV on.

Or are you saying that while the TV is off and you hit the power button, the 360 won't turn on, but if you turn on your TV and then hit the power button on your 360 it will turn on?

Your controllers need to be re-connected with your console as the one you received is possibly not the same one you sent off. To do this hold the small white button on the face of the 360 until the lights start rotating around the power button wheel, then hit the white button on the top of the Xbox controller to sync it.

927346E.jpg
20856927174498947c05da5.jpg

You'll need to register your controllers with the new 360, there's a tiny round button on top of the controllers, with a symbol like this )))
There's a similar button on the 360 next to the memory card slots.
Press the one on the 360 then the one on your controller(s), which will register (I don't know the technical term) the controllers with that console.

and the xbox will not boot up until my tv is on....
I don't quite see what you mean here, how do you tell if it's booted or not until the TV is on?

Edit: Crap, beaten by Surge :p And you gave diagrams.

The Xbox still boots up when your TV is off. You just won't notice it until you turn the TV on.

Or are you saying that while the TV is off and you hit the power button, the 360 won't turn on, but if you turn on your TV and then hit the power button on your 360 it will turn on?

Your controllers need to be re-connected with your console as the one you received is possibly not the same one you sent off. To do this hold the small white button on the face of the 360 until the lights start rotating around the power button wheel, then hit the white button on the top of the Xbox controller to sync it.

927346E.jpg
20856927174498947c05da5.jpg

What i mean is if i turn the console on whilst my tv is off it wont boot, the green light will come on in the centre but the 4 lights wont do the circle of green until the tv is on or recognise a controler until the tv is on, i then tested to see if this was the hdmi lead, ive worked out it only does it with the lead but this cant be the lead coz its the genuine microsoft one and its brand new. also i was wondering if this was because i have a setting wrong in my hdmi setup?

Does it matter though? It's not like you can use it while the TV is off.

HDMI is digital and the TV and Xbox have to do a "handshake" before the HDMI connection can be used. This is normal with HDMI, both devices have to be on before the HDMI connection works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom