XBOX through PC monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyUK

Beta member
Dont know if this is the right place but i was just wondering if this can be done?

Im going to university next year and dont fancy paying a TV licence but still want to play my xbox, is it possible to play it though a PC?

If so what do i need?

Thanks Scotty

Ignore Greg, I think he misunderstood you :p

You need to buy a VGA cable for your xbox in order to connect it to your PC monitor. If you have an xbox 360 simply buy the official VGA cable, however if it's an original xbox you may have to find an unofficial cable, but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

I personally play my xbox 360 through a PC monitor via VGA, and the image quality is very superior, even better than the HD cables IMO.

Ah, that would work too (I forgot about those!).

Option 1: Xbox > standard cables > TV tuner
Option 2: Xbox > special VGA cable > standard monitor

LU4sTrooper said:
Ignore Greg, I think he misunderstood you :p

You need to buy a VGA cable for your xbox in order to connect it to your PC monitor. If you have an xbox 360 simply buy the official VGA cable, however if it's an original xbox you may have to find an unofficial cable, but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

I personally play my xbox 360 through a PC monitor via VGA, and the image quality is very superior, even better than the HD cables IMO.

Yea, VGA cables produce a better quality HD picture. I use my PC lcd monitor for my 360 too

Me too, the only problem I'm having at the moment is having to unplug my 360 VGA cable for the PC VGA cable every time I want to use the monitor for one or the other. Has anybody found a way around this like a splitter that you can just flick a switch inbetween the 2. Superb picture though, it was the selling point for me when I bought my 360. I didn't want to spend £300 and have to play it on my crappy 21" TV, so when the guy told me about the VGA cable, I was sold.

Metr01973 said:
Me too, the only problem I'm having at the moment is having to unplug my 360 VGA cable for the PC VGA cable every time I want to use the monitor for one or the other. Has anybody found a way around this like a splitter that you can just flick a switch inbetween the 2. Superb picture though, it was the selling point for me when I bought my 360. I didn't want to spend  and have to play it on my crappy 21" TV, so when the guy told me about the VGA cable, I was sold.

Yea, look for a 2 port KVM switch if you just want to switch between 360 and monitor. I had one, but then it broke because it was cheap off ebay, lol. They are really handy though, it is worth buying one. I'm gathering you have an lcd monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom