Xbox one vs Xbox one S vs Xbox 2

Could you then direct me into the right direction for building a PC with bugdet of 300-500 eur (The cheaper would be better ,because I'm pritty tight on money). I don't really know much about building a PC.

My husband was (still has his xbox 360, and his PS3) a big console player - it's what works when you're in the military and moving around everywhere, but I have brought him to the Dark Side (PC Master Race!) and he plays more PC than console these days - but he IS looking at waiting for the xbox 1 to drop in price before even thinking about getting it. His xbox still works just fine for the games he plays.

That being said, my husband and I used newegg.com (they ship internationally - reasonably priced rates as well) and it has tutorials, and lots of videos on everything to help you pick the best components for your self-built PC.
Their prices are SUPER reasonable (and they even have refurbished items for 1/2 or 3/4 of the price WITH a guaranty) and we put together our monster gaming PC for about $700 (that's less than 600 Euro, I think) with some exceptional pieces (Graphics card, RAM) and just prioritised items and prices depending on what fitted with the goal of our PC: Purely gaming, nothing else.

Last edited:
My husband was (still has his xbox 360, and his PS3) a big console player - it's what works when you're in the military and moving around everywhere, but I have brought him to the Dark Side (PC Master Race!) and he plays more PC than console these days - but he IS looking at waiting for the xbox 1 to drop in price before even thinking about getting it. His xbox still works just fine for the games he plays.

That being said, my husband and I used newegg.com (they ship internationally - reasonably priced rates as well) and it has tutorials, and lots of videos on everything to help you pick the best components for your self-built PC.
Their prices are SUPER reasonable (and they even have refurbished items for 1/2 or 3/4 of the price WITH a guaranty) and we put together our monster gaming PC for about $700 (that's less than 600 Euro, I think) with some exceptional pieces (Graphics card, RAM) and just prioritised items and prices depending on what fitted with the goal of our PC: Purely gaming, nothing else.
Take into consideration what I said. Something here that is $299 would be 299 Euro which is not a direct conversion. Areas over there are also weird about what product they sell. A badass PC for 700 here could very well end up being 1000 Euro over there.

Take into consideration what I said. Something here that is $299 would be 299 Euro which is not a direct conversion. Areas over there are also weird about what product they sell. A badass PC for 700 here could very well end up being 1000 Euro over there.

Totally agree with you - just mentioning that it can be done if you're willing to make some compromises. If he buys through newegg he buys in $$$, and the exchange rate for euros to dollars is pretty good (for euros) at the moment, so he could find it being less in the long run - that's what I meant.

Totally agree with you - just mentioning that it can be done if you're willing to make some compromises. If he buys through newegg he buys in $$$, and the exchange rate for euros to dollars is pretty good (for euros) at the moment, so he could find it being less in the long run - that's what I meant.
The shipping is what will kill him really. Abusing their exhange rate policy is really only good for Aus people. If he waits until next year for the Xbox Scorpio he should have more than enough money to build a PC though.

The shipping is what will kill him really. Abusing their exhange rate policy is really only good for Aus people. If he waits until next year for the Xbox Scorpio he should have more than enough money to build a PC though.

It might, yes - but my brother (back in .za) uses it and if he can manage the shipping to Africa, I think someone with Euros can handle it.
I know nothing much about consoles, so I will bow to your expertise on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom