Xbox One

Yea, left my opinion of the new VCR in the gaming news thread. I won't be buying either console as to me they are geared more towards social whoring rather than actual gaming. It's a good thing PC is getting lead development this round or else gaming would be a total disappointment for me.

The only thing I like about it is the DVR. The rest just seems like it has all been done before. Especially the Kinect. He went to the home screen by stretching his arms. Everyone clapped. At that point I just gave up on the new Xbox.

Yea, left my opinion of the new VCR in the gaming news thread. I won't be buying either console as to me they are geared more towards social whoring rather than actual gaming. It's a good thing PC is getting lead development this round or else gaming would be a total disappointment for me.

This. There's really not much more to say on the subject we haven't already put out there. It was a weak reveal, and the fact that gaming on a gaming machine takes a back seat to TV and social media bothers me.

I'm not 100% jumping ship just yet (because the always online isn't true, but the used games deal disturbs me). We are still plenty of months away from launch, but it's not looking good. I've invested almost 8 years into Xbox Live and have enjoyed every second of it. I'd hate to abadon all of that, people on my friends list, etc (thought they may wind up on the PS4 anyway). But if push comes to shove and this thing turns out to be as horrible as it's looking right now, then I won't be purchasing it.

As a matter of fact, one of the only reasons I chose Xbox over Playstation was because of Halo 2, and the fact that the 360 came out first. Now, Halo is a shell of what it used to be, and MS doesn't have enough Xbox only IP's in which I would feel left out if I missed out on them.

Last edited:
This. There's really not much more to say on the subject we haven't already put out there. It was a weak reveal, and the fact that gaming on a gaming machine takes a back seat to TV and social media bother me.

I'm not 100% jumping ship just yet (because the always online isn't true, but the used games deal disturbs me). We are still plenty of months away from launch, but it's not looking good. I've invested almost 8 years into Xbox Live and have enjoyed every second of it. I'd hate to abadon all of that, people on my friends list, etc (thought they may wind up on the PS4 anyway). But if push comes to shove and this thing turns out to be as horrible as it's looking right now, then I won't be purchasing it.

As a matter of fact, one of the only reasons I chose Xbox over Playstation was because of Halo 2, and the fact that the 360 came out first. Now, Halo is a shell of what it used to be, and MS doesn't have enough Xbox only IP's in which I would feel left out if I missed out on them.
Lol I've been complaining about that and the console take over for the past few years.

Yea, they are beating a dead horse (Halo). Cortana is dead, and Chief is old now (from the last story). Not much more you can do with the Halo universe besides do stuff in between the main story like Reach and ODST. Which IMO was never very interesting.

I hope that the thing works without the Kinect 2.0 sensor plugged in for 2 reasons:

1) I don't like the idea of an always on camera/microphone on my game console.
2) I play my 360 from my monitor so I can't use the kinect anyways.

I don't see myself buying either one of these consoles unless one of them has some damn good exclusive content that's not on the PC.

The story and universe in Halo were always cool for me, but honestly, Halo 2's online mulitplayer is what kept bringing me back. And as far as Halo goes, both the SP and MP aspects are a shell of what they were back then.

I hope that the thing works without the Kinect 2.0 sensor plugged in for 2 reasons:

1) I don't like the idea of an always on camera/microphone on my game console.
2) I play my 360 from my monitor so I can't use the kinect anyways.

I don't see myself buying either one of these consoles unless one of them has some damn good exclusive content that's not on the PC.
I'm getting a big impression that since the new console ships with it, and is developed around it, that the Kinect will be required. I do the same as you and play with a mouse and keyboard so use my PC monitor for the Xbox. Kinect = no no. I don't want Bill Gates being able to patch in to me.

The story and universe in Halo were always cool for me, but honestly, Halo 2's online mulitplayer is what kept bringing me back. And as far as Halo goes, both the SP and MP aspects are a shell of what they were back then.
Yea, it's good and I've always loved it, but 4 practically ended it. 343 killed it. It's just a dead horse now.

For anybody interested.

XBOX-ONE.jpg

20130514-XBOX-ONE-TEARDOWN-014-660x440.jpg

I think it's a handoff. If you want Kinect and TV via Gold, go VCR. If you want Facebooking and social whoring, go PS4.
If you want true gaming, go PC.

BTW, I doubt seriously either of these consoles will do 4k, which is like right around the corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom