Xbox live help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefdawg

Baseband Member
So I have my broadband modem connected to my Linksys sd205. The sd205 is then connected to my computer and xbox 360. How come internet only works on my computer, and the xbox live is saying that it cant obtain an ip address? Thanks for the help guys.

So you have your modem connected to port 1 with a CAT5 cable, then your computer connected to port 2 with a CAT5 cable, and your xbox connected to port 3 with a CAT5 cable? The first thing I would do is make sure the cable is plugged in all the way at both ends, then I would check the link status light. If its not blinking plug it into another port and try again. If that doesn't work try another CAT5 cable. If that doesn't work unplug your PC and try to connect to XBL. And if that doesn't work connect your xbox directly to your modem.

Thanks for the help but I tried all that. The thing is...xbox live works. But when I restart my modem its like my internet only lets one thing work at a time, either my internet or my xbox live :(

Had this same issue with my son's 360. He had wanted to set it up himself and just started randomly entering stuff into whatever fields that were available.
Check to be sure that your network settings on the 360 are set to automatic and that there are no entries in the PPoE settings. If anything is entered in the PPoE, you will get all zeros in your network settings and even if you give it a static address it won't connect. This was the solution at my house, may not be for you though. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom