Xbox Live Card Question / Deactivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate_bob7

Baseband Member
Hello, recently purchased a 12 month xbox live card, took like a month to get to me, but before i received the first i contacted the company i ordered it from, told them i hadn't received it they replaced. Before i received the replacement I got the original, activated my xbox live, and was happy. Now i received the second one, they claimed to have deactivated the first card. is this possible for them to do?

Basically can the retailer deactivate a card they never have seen the xbox live code to? :p

i'm sure a computer tracks what xbox live code is matched to the serial number on the card....so yea, you'll probably find yourself without xbox live and have to use the other card

or.......you could get really lucky and get a free year lol

I don't think they can track it. Unless they somehow kept records of every single individual 12 month card they sold, which I very highly doubt given that they sell thousands.

yeah, thus far it hasn't been deactivated, considering selling the other on craigslist but afraid that they deactivated that one lol.

They probably said that to sound professional lol and to make you think they have the capabilities to "de-activiate" it. How much did you pay for 12 months? (just wondering)

what do you mean "getting the points"?

Getting the time I guess, Points, time, same thing :) It all costs money, comes on cards, and works on Xbox Live.

The sooner you use that card the more likely it is that you'll get the time. If they were going to cancel it, they may not be able to cancel it right away, and once you activate the card you get the time moved onto your account, making it even harder if not impossible to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom